what marks did people get in the CSSA? (1 Viewer)

mrman

i got 23%? Did anyone else find it as hard as me... mind you that was raw mark, so I'll probably be scaled down!

mememe

i got 97/100, i was so shocked, i wont get that in the real HSC thats for sure! as a whole our class went crap, like the average mark was a fail

frenchy

maybe you teacher marks hard?
any way now we know how the hsc exam is going to be like, so you'll be more prepared for it :)

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah congrats to you all :) i got 68% after a fantastic holiday of not studying ancient so i was predicting the mark. i'm thinking that that will motivate me to actually study some more for the hsc or i'm screwed...
i didn't think that the exam was that hard, i just didn't know my stuff

malayz_angel

Got 91% which was kinda disappointing cos my average mark for ancient is usually around 96% and my teacher lectured me too....but you know what? Still came first so I don't care... :)

Yami

73%, I came second in the class. The person who got first got 84%. I need to sutdy some more.

Damn you Cameron Baker!!!

independent trial

hey!
well in got 93% and came 2/40
:D
the highest was 94% and the lowest was about 5%

not bad overall i suppose;)

HSC
what's wrong with you people?! all so bloody smart... it seems like the people who topped the trials at each of the schools all subscribe to this forum, so i think i'll join

the_gloaming

I got 98, which was overwhelmingly shocking, especially given the fact that I went into the exam only knowing the Persian Wars section of Greek World 500-440 BC and the Gracchi part of Political Revolution in Rome 133-78BC! I got 25 for Xerxes, 25 for Sparta, 25 for Greece, and 23 for Rome. I think if you manage to get a good set of questions, ones that you have practiced beforehand, you are pretty much guarenteed something nearing or even exceeding a band 6!

I did not do the independent trial. My questions were something like this...
Xerxes
a) Describe the early career of Xerxes. (5)
b) Explain the importance of religion in the reign of Xerxes. (8)
c) With reference to ancient and modern sources, assess to what extent Xerxes was a successful Persian King. (12)
Sparta
a) Name TWO Spartan festivals (2)
b) Who was Lygurgus (2)
c) Desribe the role of helots in Spartan society (5)
d) Outline the role of women in Spartan society (6)
e) With reference to source (Xenophon extract) and other sources, account for the Spartan military way of life. (10)

Greek World 500-440 BC

Assess the role of Themistocles in the defeat of the Persians 480-479BC.

Political Revolution in Rome 133-78BC

Assess the impact of Gaius Gracchus on Rome during this period.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i hope this is testimony to what an overly-hard marker my teacher is (and not what an overly underachieving class we are) but in the CSSA I came 1st with... 66%!

i'm hoping our teacher was just trying to give us a wakeup call!

dothelimbokimbo

i got 78% and that was our top mark, but the chick last yr who topped the state in ancient was from my school (megan caristo) and she got 69% in the trial - its all just how u perform on the day, and if ur ranked 1 that matters

pistig

harimau is iwan juwano from waverley college and hes got special provisions, which means he gets to type his essays. In the CSSA he wrote 5000 words altogether, so how cant he go bad?

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pistig
harimau is iwan juwano from waverley college and hes got special provisions, which means he gets to type his essays. In the CSSA he wrote 5000 words altogether, so how cant he go bad?
i don't mind - his strange special provision thingy will be pushing my marks up :p

...you don't happen to be a disgruntled person from the class who's ranked below iwan, do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)