• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What motivates you? (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Have any of you guys actually doubted the thing which had motivated you? Like has it ever actually done bad rather than good? I feel as if my motivation is being brought down by my goals and rather mocking me. =/

frontman

HSC
Sometimes I feel like this, when I see other people who are much much closer to my goals and dreams than me, and then I feel like whats the point? theyre so far ahead of me.

Then I think dont compete with others just compete with yourself, do your best.

But from now on everything is a competition

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
Have any of you guys actually doubted the thing which had motivated you? Like has it ever actually done bad rather than good? I feel as if my motivation is being brought down by my goals and rather mocking me. =/
Sometimes I've doubted it, but it's never actually failed me. I love competition :)

Last edited:

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
well i have two main motivations
1. To get a good UAI
2. Beat my twin twin sister who does basically the same subjects as me. except she does art and i do ext maths. Its not going to be hard to beat her if i study since we both are the worlds biggest procrationators. as can be seen from my SC study timetable
4pm go to room go out books
4.05 pm break
5 pm write a paragraph
7 dinner
9 bed
lol i suck at study. Im fine once i start its just hard to get me started:worried:

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
axlenatore said:
well i have two main motivations
1. To get a good UAI
2. Beat my twin twin sister who does basically the same subjects as me. except she does art and i do ext maths. Its not going to be hard to beat her if i study since we both are the worlds biggest procrationators. as can be seen from my SC study timetable
4pm go to room go out books
4.05 pm break
5 pm write a paragraph
7 dinner
9 bed
lol i suck at study. Im fine once i start uts jsut hard to get me started:worried:
A timetable for the SC??

ccc123

HSC
Hmmmm. What motivates me? Competition between myself and a good friend (who happens to be a genius). Oh yeah and there's the motivation to get a good UAI. And finish high school. And get into uni . And family expectations. And personal expectations. So yeah.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
A timetable for the SC??
my parents tried to make me study hard for the school certificate last year. At school they made us make a study timetable and be organised. My timetable look alright but i had lots more breaks then study

mzduxx2006

HSC
Le3sah said:
[FONT=&quot]Hey, I’m just curious as to what motivates you guys..
Right now I’m procrastinating 24/7 and I can’t seem to do any work…I know I should be studying extremely hard because of year 11 and all…but it’s so difficult.[/FONT]
I want to see the face on everyone who ever told me id do shit when i get myUAI and its decent. thats what wakes me up in tha morning :D

van.tango

HSC
I have three main motivations to do well in the HSC:
1. My cousin, who is in the same year as me at a different school, likes to think she's going to do better because daddy's a rich real estate agent and sent her to a private school. I want to prove the snobby bitch wrong.
2. My dad made some really tough decisions to help me get a good education and I'd like for him to think it will pay off.
3. I want to try and move to Melbourne for university. I want a scholarship to Melbourne uni. One of those ones that you need 99.9 or above to be eligible for. LOL!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
van.tango said:
3. I want to try and move to Melbourne for university. I want a scholarship to Melbourne uni. One of those ones that you need 99.9 or above to be eligible for. LOL!
I'd like to go to Monash, so that'd be a motivating factor I guess.

van.tango

HSC
Yeah, I think wanting to achieve to a high enough level to be wanted and accepted somewhere interstate is something to motivate oneself. I know it's a thought that keeps me going in my long Maths lesson on Wednesdays.

limbo-gal

HSC
It's kinda sad that I've just sort of accepted that I can't study, it's too late to learn and that I suck at life. Which is, you know, excessively morbid and irrational but I lack any motivation whatsoever.

Basically my attitude is that as long as I'm not failing, I'm doing fine. Also, 'cause I'm at a selective school I keep telling myself that average here is still better than the averages at most schools, which is well, a lie. So I kinda wish I'd fail at something in order to get the motivation to not fail. Make sense...?

All you people with friends/family/enemies to compete against are lucky...

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
knowing that these two years of intense study can give me the life that ive always dreamed of and everything I want, I am able to get. I mean 2 years of your life for a lifetime of joy and happyness has to be worth it right ? Well im trying to convince myself of this & when I fail at it enormously, I then want this life to be over. Oh joy.

limbo-gal

HSC
The whole beating friends thing doesn't work for me since all my friends pretty much do different subjects, I'm already beating them or they are super pro and I have no possible chance of beating them.

As for a lifetime of joy and happiness? I hate to sound spoilt, but as far as I'm concerned I'm pretty damn happy with my life at the moment. I'll be mooching off my parents for as long as I can...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)