What OS are you currently using? (1 Viewer)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
lol at people using Tune Up Utilities.

Oh and about the RAM issue... If you're running XP on like 1GB don't move to Windows 7 It's a waste of time... just get a new computer. It's like putting premium Petrol in a 1989 Holden Barina... kind of useless, and the performance increase will be minimal as it wasn't designed for that system.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i used TuneUp Utilites 2009 when i had vista on my laptop, and i gotta say, 1 or 2 clicks to clear up the registry/delete unwanted/unnecessary files, etc, is pretty simple.

Teclis

HSC
i used TuneUp Utilites 2009 when i had vista on my laptop, and i gotta say, 1 or 2 clicks to clear up the registry/delete unwanted/unnecessary files, etc, is pretty simple.
CCleaner is a much better program that attaches itself to the recycle bin and cleans out your shit a lot better...

And combine that with Codestuff Starter and regedit and you're sweet

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
what do u mean by 'attaches itself to the recycle bin'?

TuneUp Utilities kinda did this thing where when you right clicked the bin icon, there'd be a couple more options (from tuneup), for shredding and something else.

And does CCleaner work for W7?

Teclis

HSC
what do u mean by 'attaches itself to the recycle bin'?

TuneUp Utilities kinda did this thing where when you right clicked the bin icon, there'd be a couple more options (from tuneup), for shredding and something else.

And does CCleaner work for W7?
Yea CCleaner does a great job with Windows 7.

Yea TuneUp does a similar thing where it puts options in the recycle bin Menu (well at least it does now, it didn't previously)

Also CCleaner does a registry clean that's really quite good.

HSC
Yea CCleaner does a great job with Windows 7.

Yea TuneUp does a similar thing where it puts options in the recycle bin Menu (well at least it does now, it didn't previously)

Also CCleaner does a registry clean that's really quite good.
are you able to change themes with CCleaner for windows 7?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
or you could all just get a mac and not have to use these crappy programs.

man i'm going to get negged for this haha.

but seriously, you need nothing more than the os and you're good to go.

Teclis

HSC
or you could all just get a mac and not have to use these crappy programs.

man i'm going to get negged for this haha.

but seriously, you need nothing more than the os and you're good to go.
Macs, as they become more popular, will always become more susceptible to Virus' and Spyware... and Macs still keep Temp files, Temporary Internet Files, have the equivalent of a registry... except, on a Mac you CAN'T clear these...

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Macs, as they become more popular, will always become more susceptible to Virus' and Spyware... and Macs still keep Temp files, Temporary Internet Files, have the equivalent of a registry... except, on a Mac you CAN'T clear these...
that's cause you don't need to...... it defrags itself. and from all the anecdotal evidence i've seen, it makes no difference whether you clear the files or not :).

Teclis

HSC
that's cause you don't need to...... it defrags itself. and from all the anecdotal evidence i've seen, it makes no difference whether you clear the files or not :).

Well clearing up multiple Gigabytes of Temporary files, things like Old prefetch data it doesn't do...

You save space, and you make for a more efficient OS as well as related programs, such as you Web Browser.

Cleaning the Registry can make a significant difference to the speed of an operating system.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Well clearing up multiple Gigabytes of Temporary files, things like Old prefetch data it doesn't do...

You save space, and you make for a more efficient OS as well as related programs, such as you Web Browser.

Cleaning the Registry can make a significant difference to the speed of an operating system.
Please
The Mac doesn't have a registry, hence it's always operating at the optimal speed, instead of being bogged down like Windows and having to clean the registry every so often.

Also, with a mac, temp files don't tend to do much. They just sit there, not affecting the computer in (except that it takes up space). If you want to clear it there are programs for macs too, but they're not a problem for macs, unlike windows.

Besides, the mac can do anything and everything via the mac terminal ;)

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
I hated Vista so much I stuck with XP. But from all reports Windows 7 is pretty nice.
I think Ill make the change soon.

EDIT: did not read enough of this thread. I shall continue my comment.

Macs are shit. They're annoying as all hell. Not compatible with a bunch of stuff. Can't do basic things sometimes for the sole reason they are macs and are inherently gay. Sure, if you plan on doing a whole bunch of video editing and you feel like spending too much money, they're a good option. Otherwise not.

CCleaner > TuneUp.
CCleaner has some nice options like delete on reboot, although I cant now find it so maybe its automatic or im imagining it. It doesnt have to ask me what to do, it just does it. It works faster. It clears stuff tuneup doesnt. and ccleaner is manly as, basic visuals raw power. tuneup tries to look cool. and i dont know if tuneup lets you go through individual registry problems and say fix/dont fix like i can with ccleaner.

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Macs are shit. They're annoying as all hell. Not compatible with a bunch of stuff. Can't do basic things sometimes for the sole reason they are macs and are inherently gay. Sure, if you plan on doing a whole bunch of video editing and you feel like spending too much money, they're a good option. Otherwise not.
not compatible with what exactly? and can't do what basic things?

i'd love to hear input from such a knowledgeable source such as yourself. the phrase "macs are inherently gay" just insinuates to me that you have got to be one of the most enlightened going around.

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
How intelligent
I'm actually sick of people that just hate macs because their friend said it was crap or something
At least teclis knows his stuff and has reasons why he hates it, what do you have? They can't do basic things, hah. The mac terminal can do just about everything. Compared to that, windows can't do shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)