what other forums besides bos do you use (1 Viewer)

donkily

HSC
N/A
Both serve different purposes. I use both so whichever is better doesn't concern me.
it's more of an it and job based forum as opposed to a hsc and uni forum like bos

do u use reddit (and is reddit an 'entertainment' forum)

donkily

HSC
N/A
do any of you guys remember this hsc forum which had a similar format to bos (i cant remember the name of it)

i think it got shut down due to a lack of users
right i remember now

it was called kickhsc (i think)

were any of you familiar with this site

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
it's more of an it and job based forum as opposed to a hsc and uni forum like bos

do u use reddit (and is reddit an 'entertainment' forum)
Reddit is a user run site, where, if there's enough people that is interested in it, there'll be a community for it. Think of anything, it's probably there. There are also uni subreddits, like /r/unsw and /r/usyd.

That's why its not specifically an entertainment forum. It can be used as a user aggregate wikipedia, an active forum community or just an area to display and share content.

donkily

HSC
N/A
Reddit is a user run site, where, if there's enough people that is interested in it, there'll be a community for it. Think of anything, it's probably there. There are also uni subreddits, like /r/unsw and /r/usyd.

That's why its not specifically an entertainment forum. It can be used as a user aggregate wikipedia, an active forum community or just an area to display and share content.
so its not like bos where there are admins and moderators who take charge of the whole forum?

there's no hsc subreddits sadly

is reddit hard to use compared to bos

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
so its not like bos where there are admins and moderators who take charge of the whole forum?

there's no hsc subreddits sadly

is reddit hard to use compared to bos
Subreddits are mainly run by moderators (not really admins) who would've been promoted by another mod, or created the subreddit. They are put in a hierarchy in terms of how much they could do. They set rules, change themes, and modify the subreddit to the best of their ability. These guys are indicated by a green bubble, and are only shown in that way of the subreddits they are in charge in, e.g. if I was a mod in /r/unsw, I would have a green bubble but not in /r/usyd, because I'm not a mod there.

There are admins, but they're mainly recognised as the staff of reddit (the actual site, not subreddits). They're indicated by a red bubble around their name. They're not seen around that often unless something major happens.

I would say that reddit is very easy to use, you just need to figure out what you like and subscribe to them. It's very much like a news feed that is powered by users, and is rated good or bad through 'up' and 'down' votes. However, if you are completely technologically challenged, excluding the sign up process, BOS is probably easier to navigate.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i asked progidyinspired a question, i didnt state a fact
You have an opinion of how BoS is run within your question- "where there are admins and moderators who take charge of the whole forum"

Anyway, this is not relevant to the topic so I'll let others discuss the forums they use whether it be reddit/Whirlpool/etc. Each has it's own strengths and different userbase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)