What pen to use? and what pens you use? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
No. There is no difference in writing performance between any of the lamy pens except for the lamy 2000
yeah buddy, like I know what a lamy 2000 is :p
errr...nope. I would say they are totally different to any other pen
Hmm. I think i'll just buy one anyway.
What do you think is a better deal? $18 for the LAMY Safari Fountain Pen - Matt Charcoal- postage included... or $40 with 5 black cartridges?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
yeah buddy, like I know what a lamy 2000 is :p

Hmm. I think i'll just buy one anyway.
What do you think is a better deal? $18 for the LAMY Safari Fountain Pen - Matt Charcoal- postage included... or $40 with 5 black cartridges?
I have spare blue carts you can have if I find them although there is no way 5 carts costs $22. I personally use a converter and bottled ink

HSC
Uni Grad
i have a converter but prefer to refill cartridges with a syringe, carts have almost twice the ink capacity of converters

also, you can refill extra carts and seal them with blu-tack as spares

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
i have a converter but prefer to refill cartridges with a syringe, carts have almost twice the ink capacity of converters

also, you can refill extra carts and seal them with blu-tack as spares
You have a syringe?

HSC
N/A
If you're sloppy like me you can get ink over your fingers
heh... i'm pretty clumsy.
I don't know if this is a factor or not... but i'm left handed? So like... does the ink dry quickly, or is it going to lag and get my hand and paper smudged?

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if this is a factor or not... but i'm left handed? So like... does the ink dry quickly, or is it going to lag and get my hand and paper smudged?
that will be a problem lol...

i have "quick dry" ink and it takes ~5 secs to dry

normal ink will still smudge after 10 secs

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
stay away then, you will most likely need to change your writing style otherwise your going to have a mess all over your page.

HSC
Uni Grad
your 'bulletproof' inks (inks that chemically react with the paper so are permanent) take longer still

and saturated inks take a while too

HSC
N/A
stay away then, you will most likely need to change your writing style otherwise your going to have a mess all over your page.
aww, really? :(
Well. I do need to change handwriting anyway. I have atrocious handwriting that is barely legible
your 'bulletproof' inks (inks that chemically react with the paper so are permanent) take longer still

and saturated inks take a while too
:(
But fountain pens look so cool :cry:

I think I can adapt writing like he does ^

Harrisony, lemme borrow your pen brah

K

khorne

I use a Aurora Diamante fountain pen but instead of the cheap arse ink they give with it, my ink is created by combining smashed sapphires with the semen of the Balugarian Wild Frog, to make a fast flowing ink.

benji_10

HSC
Is it messy?
If you do it properly, then no. All you have to do is submerge the nib completely into the ink, then twist the top of the converter to suck it up. In theory, your hands shouldn't touch the ink at all, although you'll probably get some when wiping the pen down. I always manage to get some on my hands no matter what I do.

And use Quink if concerned about drying times. They dry pretty fast. ~ 5 seconds, from experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)