what proof is there that god exists? (1 Viewer)

jaylove

Banned
HSC
Lol don't fear its all cool...its only an internet forum after all, its actually impossible to offend me (and I'm guessing 99% of the people on here).

Its a serious question for the theist as to whether, given the assumption that God exists, he is the foundation of our ethical system. As you may have seen presented, I believe that the factual observation of human nature and philosophical arguments suport this to be false. Seemingly you appear to agree that you can be moral independent of God.

The question then that I leave you to ponder is, why bother continuing to believe in God at all? Why is he needed?

Good day

Lol wow.. good argument.

puts me in an awkward position because you do have a point :) however, i probably believe in God because.. its all i know tbh, and i couldnt imagine living not believing in God.. it would be difficult for me especially since i come from a very religious family :eek: but i appreciate your opinion.

speak

HSC
Lol wow.. good argument.

puts me in an awkward position because you do have a point :) however, i probably believe in God because.. its all i know tbh, and i couldnt imagine living not believing in God.. it would be difficult for me especially since i come from a very religious family :eek: but i appreciate your opinion.

brainwashed by your parents

jaylove

Banned
HSC
no, not really brainwashed.

i've just grown up believing in God and everything in my life has gone perfect and so i don't feel the need to question whether there is a God because most of the times i pray for stuff and i get them, and i don't mean presents.. i mean school marks or stuff like that...however, i know that it COULD be because i put effort in it lol..

awell, i don't know. maybe it is brainwashing :) as long as its not affecting my life, i dont care even if it is brainwashing

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
no, not really brainwashed.

i've just grown up believing in God and everything in my life has gone perfect and so i don't feel the need to question whether there is a God because most of the times i pray for stuff and i get them, and i don't mean presents.. i mean school marks or stuff like that...however, i know that it COULD be because i put effort in it lol..

awell, i don't know. maybe it is brainwashing :) as long as its not affecting my life, i dont care even if it is brainwashing
totally agree,

I mean who cares about all those children dieing in third world countries, their prayers dont matter, as long as God answers our prayers about getting an A instead of a B+, everything is perfect.

jaylove

Banned
HSC
prayer lol
hey :( lol, don't mock me because i pray lol.. it's become like a reflex to be honest

*watching a movie and a commercial comes on*
ME: Oh God please don't let it be long and boring please!! *makes sign of the cross and the movie returns*
ME: chyeahhh!! SCORE!

:D

totally agree,

I mean who cares about all those children dieing in third world countries, their prayers dont matter, as long as God answers our prayers about getting an A instead of a B+, everything is perfect.
are you mocking me? lol

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
hey :( lol, don't mock me because i pray lol.. it's become like a reflex to be honest

*watching a movie and a commercial comes on*
ME: Oh God please don't let it be long and boring please!! *makes sign of the cross and the movie returns*
ME: chyeahhh!! SCORE!

:D

are you mocking me? lol
are you serious?

speak

HSC
Do you honestly believe that God exists and that prayer works because you get good marks that in reality you studied hard for?

Using Omar's example, imagine you live in some shit African country and everyone around you is dying and you don't even have a school to go to. The only highlight in your life is occasionally getting some semi-dirty water without dangerous parasites. What would be your reason for believing in God?

Last edited:

jaylove

Banned
HSC
are you serious?
no i was joking.. lol trying to spread humour.. you know?

ahh, never mind lol

Do you honestly believe that God exists and that prayer works because you get good marks that in reality you studied hard for?

Using Omar's example, hypothetically if you lived in some shit African country and everyone around you were dying and you didn't even have a school to go to and the only highlight in your life is some semi-dirty water without dangerous parasites that you prayed for, would you still believe in God?
you have a point.

but maybe hardship is a test of endurance:)

maybe God wants to test whether people would still believe in him due to the condition that they're in...

example,

some rich people are stubborn and think that they are too good for God and they don't need anything from God because they are already living the sweet life. -- which is a wrong way to think

and some poor people believe in God even more and turn to him for help

:) however, the opposite may apply to both of these examples.

speak

HSC
It's that simple guys, God gives Africans starvation, disease, war and Onchocerciasis etc. to test their faith.

Nice guy.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Oh good because I was going to say, if god were to exist I think you praying for advertisement breaks to end would be pretty insulting

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
hardship is a test of endurance:)

maybe God wants to test whether people would still believe in him due to the condition that they're in...
what a foul bigot you've exposed yourself to be.
Go fuck off to your cults basement and take some coolaid

jaylove

Banned
HSC
what a foul bigot you've exposed yourself to be.
Go fuck off to your cults basement and take some coolaid
um, there was absolutely no need to be so rude :)

just like you're entitled to your own opinion, don't you think others should?

and by the way, i was never trying to force my opinion on others, i simply said ''maybe hardship is a test of endurance...''

i never said ''fuck you everyone, hardship is a test of endurance and if you don't agree then you can all eat a dick and die slow''

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)