What PS3 games to buy (1 Viewer)

ChrisAlli

HSC
Just got a PS3 and was wondering which games to get.

Thinking- fall of man, assassins creed

but what about lair, bladestorm, nija gaiden? any others

And should I buy any accesories to go with the PS3 bar an extra controller?

zingerburger

HSC
Resistance: Fall of Man is a good choice, and Assassin's Creed is an extremely good choice.

Lair isn't that great (poor controls); Bladestorm might be your thing, but if you've ever played a Dynasty Warriors game you might get a good idea of what the game is like (it can easily get repetitive, but the scale of the battles is pretty cool); Ninja Gaiden is also a very good choice - the only bad things about it are its difficulty and some camera issues (which is usually the case with most third-person action games).

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Uncharted is due out soon.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma as well if you haven't played the first two (even if you have)

If you want a rumble controller the dual shock thing is comming out early next year i think

gamertag

HSC
strange how no one mentioned cod4.

my advice is oblivion, cod4 and orange box.

assasin's creed is hyped and it takes a calculator to count the technical issues. it doesnt score too well either on gamerankings.com
fall of man is old solid launch title and the graphics is just average. also, it has a cliff hanger ending.
ninja gaiden is actually sort of a remake of the xbox ninja gaiden black, so dont buy if you are not that interested.
lair is not worth mentioning, clumpsy controls and dull gameplay. though some reported the control has been improved after a patch.

all in all, you should wait for the orange box.
buy cod4 which offers a relatively short but exciting sigle player campaign but makes up for it with a deep online multiplayer which combines rpg elements and once again, online service is FREE.
buy oblivion which has been an instant classic, so no need advertise. just one thing tho, make sure you get the game of the year edition.

it is a shame that you bought a ps3 cos you miss out mass effect and bioshock.

ps:dont understand why you would get a underdog console.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Ohh yes, COD4. The games you mentioned are better played on the PC though.
I've also heard of slowdown issues on Half Life 2 on the PS3, ridiculous if it's true (kotaku i think i read it off)
and Ninja Gaiden Sigma has updated graphix and a new playable character campaign, so get it, any excuse to play the game again is a good one

gamertag

HSC
to runtlocks:

the orange box hasnt been officially released yet, so how can some crazy editor possibly say its got slowdown? besides, it runs ok on 360 and that means it should be even smoother on ps3, though not as good as the cod's steady 60fps.

and ninja gaiden, if you by any chance missed out the first two, then you owe it to urself to check this one out. but i really dont think there is enough extra here on ps3 to make you buy this game just for that cos updated graphics doesnt change the core gameplay. my understanding is team ninja ported sigma to make some quick bucks and their main focus is still on NG2 and NG ds.

gamertag

HSC
to Charity F:

it is really cool we got a female gamer here cos most chicks i know know nothing beyond tetris, tho some of them play wow.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
im actually on my ps3 now typing this lol. i recommend downloading GT HD from the playstation store.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
gamertag said:
to runtlocks:

the orange box hasnt been officially released yet, so how can some crazy editor possibly say its got slowdown? besides, it runs ok on 360 and that means it should be even smoother on ps3, though not as good as the cod's steady 60fps.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/11/orange_box_on_ps3_broken.html

i've played through ninja gaiden at least 5 times on varying difficulty, and i'm definitely going to get sigma once i get a ps3 so i can beat it 5 times again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)