What question to do first? (1 Viewer)

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
What would be better?

Do QIII while quotes and stuff are still fresh in the mind?
or do QI and QII and get them out of the way to do QIII?

aurora_05

HSC
I'm planning to do S3 first while everything is still fresh, and that tends to take me the longest. Then I'll tackle either S1 or S2, depending on which is more appealing at the time...
Hah. Appealing. Who am I kidding.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
My plan is: Rattle off Section III as quickly as possible while my quotes and techniques are fresh, then I can 'relax' a bit, do Section I and make sure I answer everything fully, then I have the rest of the time to try to come up with something for Section II.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
You get 10 mins reading time. Does that have any significance whatsoever? You decide. ;)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
My plan is: Rattle off Section III as quickly as possible while my quotes and techniques are fresh, then I can 'relax' a bit, do Section I and make sure I answer everything fully, then I have the rest of the time to try to come up with something for Section II.
Exactly what im doing.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
You guys :rolleyes:
Just do the damn paper in order...
otherwise ur reading time will be wasted
Im gonna read my comprehension stuff during reading time,
do comp
creative writing
and relax and take as long as I want on section III

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
goan_crazy said:
You guys :rolleyes:
Just do the damn paper in order...
otherwise ur reading time will be wasted
Im gonna read my comprehension stuff during reading time,
do comp
creative writing
and relax and take as long as I want on section III
Same. We are the men.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Sepulchres said:
You get 10 mins reading time. Does that have any significance whatsoever? You decide. ;)
oh hell it does! and that's the biggest advantage we all can have. What I always do is started reading all the unseen texts as soon as reading time starts, so I can kill of section 1, my most hated part of the paper. In that 10 mins, I can spend valuable time reading perhaps some stupid useless article they put on, and a poem by some useless nut who didn't have a life. I like that 10 minutes, buys me time to read the texts.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
oh hell it does! and that's the biggest advantage we all can have. What I always do is started reading all the unseen texts as soon as reading time starts, so I can kill of section 1, my most hated part of the paper. In that 10 mins, I can spend valuable time reading perhaps some stupid useless article they put on, and a poem by some useless nut who didn't have a life. I like that 10 minutes, buys me time to read the texts.
Its an advantage to all of us, but some people dont think so which makes it more of an advantage. ;)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I have an established Section II answer. If the question accomodates it, I'll do number 2 first and finish it in 15min, getting heaps of time for other sections. If Section II Question totally fucks me over, I'm doing it in order.

volition

arr.
HSC
Well it's not exactly a 'waste' of reading time... You can just read those 'unseen' texts, go off and do the other stuff and then come back to it. It's not as bad as you might think it is

LostAuzzie

HSC
Im going Q1, 3, 2 simply because I want to get the comprehension over and done with. Oh and usually the Comprehension screws me over so I leave it till the end and hope for a sudden stroke of genius. I've got one prepared but it isn't too flexible

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Well, the chances of you remembering the relevant pieces of info and articulating those thoughts again will take time, especially under pressure. I deconstruct texts as I read them so its just a simple putting pen to paper having read the text. If, however, you come back to it, then you'd have to, somewhere along the way, go over the text to some extent. Knaw mean.

Mellonie

HSC
MuffinMan said:
q3, then q1, then q2 :)

Read last section and think over how to answer it, let the brain think about it...
while thinking do firstly section 1, also rread section 2 to let brain running.

so Section 1 , Section 3, Section 2

nanashi

HSC
im going one, three then two
might as well use up my reading time and answer the easy questions right away rather than having to re-read to refresh your memory (if u did read them in the reading time)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I'm doing mine in reverse order.. cause my S3 will take about 45mins. and then I'll be able 2 judge how much time I'll have to do the other two sections, instead of rushing at the end on the Ext. Response which is what i did in the trial.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
nanashi said:
im going one, three then two
might as well use up my reading time and answer the easy questions right away rather than having to re-read to refresh your memory (if u did read them in the reading time)
I think I'll go with that method, as it takes me a minute to construct a story based around the question in QII :)

I just hope I dont forget to do it :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)