What questions did you get wrong? (1 Viewer)

stoney489

HSC
well, lookin back over the paper i got things right i didnt expect, like 7a. however, 7 b which i thought i got right i now realise is wrong. i equated tan=root3 as pie on 3, which is right, but when i did the astc thing to work out the other value i added 30degrees to 180 instead of 60, so now all my calculations in the second part are wrong! omg, anyways, will see wat happens. added it up and i think ill get 100/120. any guesses as to what that would equal??

ktcrazy

HSC
Omg I am so annoyed. I had the right answer for k in 8 and then changed it cause i didn't think it was right....well, there goes 5 marks...
You all seem to have done so well...I'm an average advanced student and i struggled from about question 7...

craig123

HSC
i stuffed up a few questions along the way but looking over it i think i got about 110, but im still annoyed that i lost a few of the marks i did, like the one i lost because my handwriting is so shit, a product suddenly became an index......
very demoralising

Last edited:

himiniji

HSC
oh i suck, i got the probablity stuff in question nine all wrong, i did it all with replacement for some reason, i cant believe i did that. Does anyone know how many marks it was worth? 3? 2? gah im so annoyed.

Then also 10)b) the last 4 mark question. and my answer for that crazy woman investing for her son was like $150 000 so i got that wrong too.

Oh and also i said october, not november. Does anyone know how many marks i lost? I think its about 9.

karljl

HSC
joshuaali said:
Angle ACB (reflex) is 5π/3? If so, the area would be... 5π/2 m²?
yes, thats right: √3 sq . 5π/3 . 1/2 = 5π/2

thats my only error so far other than Q10b ii (hopefully they give me 1 mark for it to compensate for this silly one)

karljl

HSC
himiniji said:
oh i suck, i got the probablity stuff in question nine all wrong, i did it all with replacement for some reason, i cant believe i did that. Does anyone know how many marks it was worth? 3? 2? gah im so annoyed.

Then also 10)b) the last 4 mark question. and my answer for that crazy woman investing for her son was like $150 000 so i got that wrong too.

Oh and also i said october, not november. Does anyone know how many marks i lost? I think its about 9.
Probability Q9
b) (i) was 1 mark - answer = 39/51
b) (ii) 2 marks - answer = 39.26.13/51.50.49

The Caine Family
(ii) at 3rd bday was 2 marks
(iii) 18th - 1 mark (answer about 51000)

steff167

HSC
oh i messed up the probability and mobile phone question and then i didnt attempt 10b or supeerannuation. Im an average maths student and i struggled to get it finished and struggled from Q7 onwards, oh well, no more maths! everyone seems to have done really well.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
steff167 said:
oh i messed up the probability and mobile phone question and then i didnt attempt 10b or supeerannuation. Im an average maths student and i struggled to get it finished and struggled from Q7 onwards, oh well, no more maths! everyone seems to have done really well.
ktcrazy said:
Omg I am so annoyed. I had the right answer for k in 8 and then changed it cause i didn't think it was right....well, there goes 5 marks...
You all seem to have done so well...I'm an average advanced student and i struggled from about question 7...
Finally some people who don't exaggerate their performance.

timmeh041

HSC
I just relieased that I treated the exponational question in years rather then months... F***. I would have got full marks for it if i picked it up...

UAI2007

HSC
Stuffed up question 7 . . parallel to directrix. . more like perpendicular!
And I even got question 1 f wrong . . instead of multiplying (y-3) by 2 i got 2y-3. . .wat a genius!
Any one remember the area they got for the shaded region for the graph
y = <root>3cosx, y = sinx? 7b(ii)

oconnor

HSC
mmm...

does anyone have an idea about the scaling of the exam? I only would have gotten around the 45 - 50 raw mark, but hey. I dont need my UAI so it doesnt really bother me:p

No more maths people!

luv.bubble

HSC
WHAT?
for the superannuation q, who else put october?
was it october or november????????

edit: nvm i realised it was NOVEMBER ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:

iEdd

HSC
I just realised that it's months completed, so 10.56 or whatever it was brings you halfway through November. Do'h! Oh well.

williamc

HSC
94-98/120 will be around the band 6 cut off.

There must be alot of fucking gun ext students on this. People getting 110+/120 is fucking nuts.

band 5 cut off will be around 67-70/120 in my opinon.

Platinum

HSC
williamc said:
94-98/120 will be around the band 6 cut off.

There must be alot of fucking gun ext students on this. People getting 110+/120 is fucking nuts.

I agree. I think what I've found anyways is that an Ext student usually overstate what they got while Advanced students are more conservative. Just an observation from the past 2 years.

I agree with your cut offs. I have also heard that Question 10 is usually aimed at top Extension students while Question 9 is aimed at Extension and top Advanced students. As a result, I think aligning has to take this into account. I posted this in another forum...gives an idea I guess

The process of aligning is different to the process of scaling. A course can align quite well without scaling well (scaling is done by UAC not BOS).

I read somewhere that in 2001, an 80% went to a 90%. At my school in the trials (which I would say slightly easier/slightly harder than HSC - imo slightly easier but its debatable) the marks aligned as followed as an example

64% to 82%
67% to 84%
79% to 89%
90% to 94%
98% to 98%

So based on the above, depending on the difficulty of the test, somewhere in the mid 90s could get to a Band 6. If you get 100+ you have a pretty good chance that you can get to a Band 6. And obviously if you get 110+ that is a Band 6.

samuel slack

HSC
williamc said:
Well, I still think I got 66. Hopefully, I might be able to scrape into a band 5... maybe.

SimoneL

HSC
Buiboi said:
10 b i left out thats 5 gone
ummm 10 a) part 3 and 4 were wrong i think.. so thats another 4 gone
and another one i got wrong was the areă of the rhombus....lol i put 1/2 xy and yeah....
I couldn't remember the area of a rhombus so i did 2x1/2bh...hope it worked hahahaha. Didn't even look at q10 and i'm pretty sure i screwed up 9b. I probably made sooooooooooooooo many stupid mistakes. Hope scaling works in my favour and would hate to see my raw mark cos it would be pitiful

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
SimoneL said:
I couldn't remember the area of a rhombus so i did 2x1/2bh...hope it worked hahahaha. Didn't even look at q10 and i'm pretty sure i screwed up 9b. I probably made sooooooooooooooo many stupid mistakes. Hope scaling works in my favour and would hate to see my raw mark cos it would be pitiful
Yeah I forgot how to find the area of a rhombus too. I used 1/2 times the diagonals which I think is right. It came out with a nice number, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)