• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What radio station is #1? (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

Go Newsradio!

It's what I listen to know.

If only Ugly Phil moved to ABC radio... :)

MoNNiE

HSC
1170 2ch! or 2gb -- talk radio sucks!
my dad makes me listen to it in the car - there is only so much talk you can take!
106.5 rocks! don't you just love the love god segment!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
can you believe the morning crew have finished?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
can you believe the morning crew have finished?
Yeah.. They were only on for a decade (at least Wendy Harmer was..) though. Rumour has it that Tony Martin may be among those on the new program.

Speaking of radio happenings, today was the last JJJ morning show of the year, which had the usual wackiness.

1 more

fructis
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
Anyways, I listen to News Radio 630AM. Go AM! ;p
I agree, AM all the way!

Though Im not quite as intellectual as the NewsRadio listeners in this thread, Im a massive ABC 702 Sydney fan. While wholeheartedly devoted to Richard Glover, Im also delighted to listen to Sally Loane or either of the Jamess when the opportunity presents itself. How :cool: am i? ;)

Clearly Im in the minority by saying that I dont like Adam and Wil in the mornings, its really odd since I love both Adam Spencer and Wil Anderson independent of the show. :confused:
Purely out of former JJJ loyalty, I still listen to Merrick and Rosso in the mornings. Its *okay*, but I find their meanness to their listeners a bit of a turn-off. And that Blowsy is so dreadful. I much prefer Rosso. Melusa, how was Have a Spit Day?

Originally posted by kimmeh
how come they finshed though? was it that nova were taking their listeners and thus losing money?
2day FM ratings fell to 8.5 per cent and the Morning Crew lost the #1 spot they had held for 11 years to Merrick and Rosso. It was never explicitly stated that the announcement of the new breakfast team was causal to the ratings losses. As the story went, Wendy Harmer amicably and mutually offered her resignation and her colleagues followed suite. I personally think new 2day FM mornings (Judith Lucy, Peter Helliar and Kaz Cooke) is a good move. I feel a bit bad for Greg Fleet though, wasnt his induction part of the sparkling new renovated Morning Crew hype a mere 6-12 months ago? Pity, scoring a job with Austero would be striking gold for an impecunious comedian.

I also used to be obsessed with Ugly Phil and Jackie O back in the day. And then I found out they were married that was weird.

Oh another interesting radio related thing Craig Reucassel and Chris Taylor (The Chaser and CNNNN) will replace Charlie and Mel on the JJJ Drive shift in 2004. I wasnt ever very impressed by The Friday Chaser on MMM but I think this could actually be quite good. On another note, Im beginning to detect some fractures emerging in the Chaser clique. The two best-looking Chaser boys earn a larger media profile than the other 6+ Chaser's I can see them dropping the Chaser moniker to become a great Australian satirical duo for many years to come.

Wow Im so sorry for this long post, I love radio! :):D

HSC
i still don't know why the morning crew decide to quit|? who's gonna replace them? still love 2day fm but nova is also cool.

MoNNiE

HSC
i saw the morning crew that morning... 5:30am walking around the city wif my friend since we couldn't/would be allowed to because of certain members in our hotel room.
they had a sausage sizzell.. how tempting was it to steal a snag! we left on the black eye peas song shut up.. what do you think they are trying to comply through that song?

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
I'd imagine someone who is actually funny.
i presume its the lucy chick that we hear during the day .. shes dead funny!

1 more

fructis
HSC
New morning crew = Peter Helliar, Judith Lucy and Kaz Cooke.
It's nice to know people read my previous post...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Yeah.. They were only on for a decade (at least Wendy Harmer was..) though. Rumour has it that Tony Martin may be among those on the new program.
Originally posted by kimmeh
how come they finshed though? was it that nova were taking their listeners and thus losing money?
yeah
Originally posted by 1 more
I2day FM ratings fell to 8.5 per cent and the Morning Crew lost the #1 spot they had held for 11 years to Merrick and Rosso. It was never explicitly stated that the announcement of the new breakfast team was causal to the ratings losses. As the story went, Wendy Harmer amicably and mutually offered her resignation and her colleagues followed suite. I personally think new 2day FM mornings (Judith Lucy, Peter Helliar and Kaz Cooke) is a good move. I feel a bit bad for Greg Fleet though, wasnt his induction part of the sparkling new renovated Morning Crew hype a mere 6-12 months ago? Pity, scoring a job with Austero would be striking gold for an impecunious comedian.
fleety was supposed to be part of the new morning crew, but i didn't ever notice a difference between him and mooney, so i don't see what they were trying to achieve

so who are these new morning people? who is their audience? will the show be very different to the current one?
Originally posted by MoNNiE
i presume its the lucy chick that we hear during the day .. shes dead funny!
um, no she's not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)