what raw mark do you need to get a band 6??? (1 Viewer)

loler

HSC
95-100/120 is definately a band 6 in any year
personally i think that the exam was quite similar in difficulty to 2007

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
yeah the guys up there are right, ppl here are those who actually care about their mark/UAI/whatever. ironically, if you did general, you'd know that standard deviation or whatever is most greatly affected by those in the mid-range, ie. those of the 50000 who couldn't really give a damn. now, you might say that the determination of the band SIX cutoff is different, but i doubt it'd change much. 50000 people do the subject, and i doubt that it matters for most of the state that question 10 this easier was easier than the year before, etc etc

lionking1191

HSC
bennibo said:
loving the confidence guys haha just seems like a hole bunch of mad egos flying around here but yeah you cant determine a band six just yet cause of the sliding scale dont know if you guys no how it works but there a 30 page document on the web you read about how bands are determine to be honest i wouldnt bother but if you guys are so keen on uai go for it just think you should get over it man maths is done how about we just forget about it and party :)!
lawl ever heard of punctuation?

Schribez

HSC
if u go to a school with a bunch of speds ask em how they think they went....if they think they got over 108 (which is 90% of 120) then we might be looking @ band 6's being around 110 imo

but for everyone the comes on this site and sees everyone going OMFG that was so easy you have to take into account the majority of people that use this site actually do have a brain.

if you ask me.....in relation to reactions from what people in my class thought of it i would say that the cut off would be about 103-5

keep in mind that everyone makes stupid mistakes......most people that think they aced it may have fucked up some algebra somewhere in there n lost a couple bringing the top students down to about 115-117
thus making the cutoff lower

Last edited:

jollymolly

HSC
i actually really wonder what the raw mark is needed. because my brother did the maths hsc in 2006 and he came out of the test thinking he got really crap coz he didnt attempt question 9 and 10 and missed out a couple of questions here which means his raw mark would have been somewhere in the 80s to low 90s, but he ended up with a 93- band 6. so now im confused how it works lol

hairej1

HSC
jollymolly said:
i actually really wonder what the raw mark is needed. because my brother did the maths hsc in 2006 and he came out of the test thinking he got really crap coz he didnt attempt question 9 and 10 and missed out a couple of questions here which means his raw mark would have been somewhere in the 80s to low 90s, but he ended up with a 93- band 6. so now im confused how it works lol
omg are u serious.. that is really reassuring.. coz yea i usually get around 80/120 and got bits out of 9 & 10.. but not the whole answer..
im ranked 13/49
im REALLY hoping for band 5/6
that would be awesome
i guess ill just have to wait and seee..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)