What raw mark for a band 6? (1 Viewer)

nono

HSC
N/A
Hey, this has probably been discussed before, but I was just wondering what raw mark would get a band 6 for this year's exam?

I know there can't be a conclusive answer, but if anyone knows past raw mark conversion to bands (is this process scaling or aligning or moderating??), it would help a lot.

Thanks!

always_smile

HSC
i don't know if its right, but because of how many people did so bad in the world cities question ie essay 2 then the band 6 cut off is lower. My geo teacher said that she talked to some bos member and he thinks it will be around 80 at least. Last year, it was aound 84 or something. I really dont know if this is really the truth but i hope that helps.

firehose

HSC
^ check the other thread regarding ppl's reaction to the exam. Some ppl were very elated with it, but I dare say the majority were lukewarm about it at best.

Personally, I was quite disappointed with my performance in this exam due to a real lack of preparation. Naturally then I'm hoping for a lower cutoff based on how everyone else did. A low to mid 80s cutoff might get me in depending on how the essays are marked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)