What s Vaulting Ambition (Macbeth) (1 Viewer)

alan7948

HSC
Title says it all.

Just need some help with my speech and wanted to put Vaulting Ambition in but forgot what it meant]

Thanks All!!!!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
doesnt it just mean ambition? like macbeth's ambition to remain king and stop everyone in his way?

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
It's his recklessness and complete dedication to attain power and remain in throne. His 'vaulting ambition' is his hubris, because in the end it is the catalyst for his downfall and eventual death.

That's all I can remember from Year 10 English, haha.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Many of Shakespeare's stories were based around the 'vaulting ambition' or the 'tragic flaw'. This is why most of them are called tragedies... We just completed the Macbeth topic at school; I really enjoyed it though I did have a little trouble understanding the metaphoric language in it (THERE'S SO MUCH)!

Macbeths ambition is to kill the king (Duncan) and therefore take the rightful place as King.

N.B. My favourite character has to be Lady Macbeth by far. The sneaky and evil bitch! She is such a good character and perpertrates into Macbeth's mind to help make the decision to kill Duncan... :D Loved it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)