What should be in the Journal? (1 Viewer)

Mantlerays

HSC
I know you're meant to put all your research and things like that in it.
But I'm finding it rather difficult to start because I can't think of a neat order to put things in.

So I'm looking for advice, how are you doing your Journal?

Title Page, Research, and then Diary or what?

Would be greatly appreciated if you could help, thanks! :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Make sure you put a reference list ~ Harvard style - gives it that professional touch. In your introductioary page - include your opinion and view on the topic.

Mantlerays

HSC
When you include the bibliography, do you put it at the end of the journal or put it at the end of every diary bit?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Entirely up to you but my friend did it on the last page. Only reference quotes and ideas from other authors you used.

Mantlerays

HSC
Right now most of my research is from the internet, I plan to do interviews and ask other people for help later.
Should I need to reference the internet websites used, people which I interviewed/asked for help?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Definetly. And since you conducted the interview yourself you only need to acknowledge the names of those you interviewed. All secondary sources used in your journal should be added into the reference list or bibliography when applicable. :)

Mantlerays

HSC
Okay! Great, thank you, that was very helpful. :) I was wondering if you made your journal all pretty and stuff?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I know you're meant to put all your research and things like that in it.
But I'm finding it rather difficult to start because I can't think of a neat order to put things in.

So I'm looking for advice, how are you doing your Journal?

Title Page, Research, and then Diary or what?

Would be greatly appreciated if you could help, thanks! :)
You do your journal chronologically.

With separate sections for research, drafts, etc. I just read books and wrote in my journal that I had read them. And chucked in all my drafts of my story and reflection statement and other drafts that my friends had annotated to help me improve.

That was basically it, along with a few 'Dear Diary'-esque entries that was my ponderings about how I was going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)