what should be the amount of work done in 2.5 hours (1 Viewer)

face34

HSC
Hey,
Every time I finish my study which is usually around 1.5 - 2.5 hours I get a feeling that I haven't done enough. How much work should I expect done in around 2 hours ? Usually I finish my Math homework (1.2 hours), then start reading some notes often Physics, Engineering studies and IPT (10-30 minute) and like 7 questions of past papers Physics (Multiple choices). Is that amount of work enough because half yearly is coming up?
Also my ATAR aim isn't that high if that matters. I'm aiming for at least 73+. (yn)

enoilgam

HSC
Hey,
Every time I finish my study which is usually around 1.5 - 2.5 hours I get a feeling that I haven't done enough. How much work should I expect done in around 2 hours ? Usually I finish my Math homework (1.2 hours), then start reading some notes often Physics, Engineering studies and IPT (10-30 minute) and like 7 questions of past papers Physics (Multiple choices). Is that amount of work enough because half yearly is coming up?
Also my ATAR aim isn't that high if that matters. I'm aiming for at least 73+. (yn)
What your doing now is more than enough for 73. For a person of average intelligence (I'm not assuming you are), 73 is fairly easy to obtain - just do your classwork/homework and do some revision before your exams and you should be fine.

face34

HSC
Seeing that I'm not aiming very high should I care about my ranks ? My current ranks for Physics and Engineering are 14/24ish beside Maths 2U 10/90, English standard a depressing 80/110 and IPT 10/42.

enoilgam

HSC
Seeing that I'm not aiming very high should I care about my ranks ? My current ranks for Physics and Engineering are 14/24ish beside Maths 2U 10/90, English standard a depressing 80/110 and IPT 10/42.
You should care about your ranks because they will determine your ATAR - you would want to improve standard english. However, going off your other ranks you should be ok for around 75ish, although dont get complacent.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
The question you should not be asking is "How much work can I do in X time?"

It should be:

"How much time will X work take?"

It proves to be much more advantageous in the long run. Having a set goal list is more motivating than "I'm going to sit here for 3 hrs and finish w/e I can".

btw enoilgam, were you always a mod...? Is my mind playing tricks with me?

enoilgam

HSC
The question you should not be asking is "How much work can I do in X time?"

It should be:

"How much time will X work take?"

It proves to be much more advantageous in the long run. Having a set goal list is more motivating than "I'm going to sit here for 3 hrs and finish w/e I can".

btw enoilgam, were you always a mod...? Is my mind playing tricks with me?
I was made a mod yesterday. Also, as carrotsticks mentioned, its best to work towards finishing a set amount of work as opposed to a time limit.

face34

HSC
I always write my goals before i do some work in my diary. I usually don't finish all my goals.
BUT
From my after school sleeping and TV habits I only have about 3ish hours off work.
3:30 get home from school then watch some TV then somehow I feel really tired and sleepy at 4- 4:30 (always) so then I sleep till 5:30 then I watch the news then watch the project at 6 then eat dinner at 7. By the time I finish eating dinner, its 7:30 and that's when I start doing some work all the way till bed time.
That's how I've been living my life ever since HSC.

What is your usual routine after school ? :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)