What should I ask a girl to as a first 'date' (1 Viewer)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
What are some of the things I can ask her to? Movies seems a bit mainstream

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
take her to max brenners. Its a great place for you to get to know her better and the atmosphere is 'couple' like.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
- paddle boating
- zoo
- aquarium
- picnic in botanic gardens
- museum/art gallery
- slam poetry night
- bowling
- cocktails
- coffee

etcetc

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
take her to max brenners. Its a great place for you to get to know her better and the atmosphere is 'couple' like.
expensive? never been there :S

- paddle boating
- zoo
- aquarium
- museum/art gallery
- slam poetry night
- bowling
- cocktails
- coffee

etcetc
Some good ideas!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, the almighty kebabs :p (Messsssy)

- paddle boating
- zoo
- aquarium
- museum/art gallery
- slam poetry night
- bowling
- cocktails
- coffee

etcetc
I need to go to one of these sometime. It's on the bucket list to perform at slam poetry actually.

You have such good and cute suggestions (pls date me)

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly the messyness only humanises both parties and you're left with two people as they really are.

If you wanna know a person have a kebab with them.

And if it doesn't work out at least you both had a kebab. Win/Win situation.
sounds good

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly the messyness only humanises both parties and you're left with two people as they really are.

If you wanna know a person have a kebab with them.

And if it doesn't work out at least you both had a kebab. Win/Win situation.
If you really want to know someone, you have to give them super slow internet.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
best to go to somewhere where other people you know are going to be there and which you (can at least imply that you) are going to anyway

e.g. hey im checking out this band at [place] this friday, you should come along

- If you are already going (or can make it seem that way) then you seem cooler because you look like you have a remotely intersting social life and you aren't making plans that revolve around someone you havent even been out with yet

-Having other friends there makes it feel less like a "date" which makes it less awkward and takes the onus off of making conversations for long stretches of time, and talking to other people when she's with you makes you seem less interested in her (which is a good thing). Bonus points if its some sort of 'event' like a band playing because this too will make things less "date"-like. If things do go well with her you can also break away from everyone else and go someone quieter

some of this might sound a little silly when its actually explained in words, but in practice its generally how things work out.

the opposite of this would be to ask her out on a dinner date, such that you're by yourselves, you make plans specifically for her, and there's nothing going on at the date besides your conversation. so this makes you seem very interested and forces you to either eat or talk to each other for the whole night. See how that would be undesirable?

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I need to go to one of these sometime. It's on the bucket list to perform at slam poetry actually.

You have such good and cute suggestions (pls date me)
I was about to say friend date? and then noticed the white text haha WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS

slam poetry is absolutely atrocious though
Nah man, have you ever been to one where you get a really pissed off/right wing judge and everyone gets pissed off at them and then someone does an aggressively feminist work about sexual assault or abortion or something and they end up yelling at each other while the crowd is all SNAPS and the MC has to step in. Or if it's a really good one and they run off stage and the crowd just up and follows them. Slam can be a blast if it's a good night (and I've only been to 1 bad night so the odds are in your favour).

You do have a great point about gigs though if a guy came to a gig with me that would be a gr8 first date.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I'm surprised they would ever have right wing judges in the first place

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
best to go to somewhere where other people you know are going to be there and which you (can at least imply that you) are going to anyway

e.g. hey im checking out this band at [place] this friday, you should come along

- If you are already going (or can make it seem that way) then you seem cooler because you look like you have a remotely intersting social life and you aren't making plans that revolve around someone you havent even been out with yet

-Having other friends there makes it feel less like a "date" which makes it less awkward and takes the onus off of making conversations for long stretches of time, and talking to other people when she's with you makes you seem less interested in her (which is a good thing). Bonus points if its some sort of 'event' like a band playing because this too will make things less "date"-like. If things do go well with her you can also break away from everyone else and go someone quieter

some of this might sound a little silly when its actually explained in words, but in practice its generally how things work out.

the opposite of this would be to ask her out on a dinner date, such that you're by yourselves, you make plans specifically for her, and there's nothing going on at the date besides your conversation. so this makes you seem very interested and forces you to either eat or talk to each other for the whole night. See how that would be undesirable?
very good point lol

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I'm surprised they would ever have right wing judges in the first place
... have you ever been to a slam poetry night?

They chuck 5 random things into the crowd and whoever catches them become the judges. The judges score each poet out of 10 (to .1 decimal places to reduce chances of getting a tied score) and then take off the highest and lowest scores and combine the middle three to make an overall score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)