• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What should i do after the HSC??? (1 Viewer)

Elzilcho

HSC
Hi everyone im new to these forums and im in year 12.

I just wanted to get your opinions on what you all think is best to do the options are:

1. Go straight to uni
2. Take a gap year get a job and work then go to uni (i have not had a job yet)
3. Go to England and live over there for a while and work then come back a study

Any insight from what people plan to do or have done will be great thanks!!!

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Do you know what you want to do careerwise?
It might be good to get a job for a year...just for the resume and to give you a break?

Elzilcho

HSC
I was thinking something in the area of sports science.

See im thinking of a nice break but then i might get lazy and not want to go or somthing like that. Is it easier going straight after school?

mrz ronaldo

HSC
we get a break after the hsc until uni starts.... i rekon if you want to travel that would be a good time to but i dont think you should waste a year its best to just pick up and start with whatever it is you want to do.
good luck with everything

champo14

HSC
Depends what kind of person you are.

I took a gap year this year, only because I know I'll still want to go to uni next year.

Remember a year is a pretty long time, and if you wanted to go to England you could still do it later in the year (Ie, if you take a year, you don't have to decide straight away what you want to do with it.)

If you don't really know what you want to do, that could mean that you might change your mind during your year off and never end up going to uni (which may not be a bad thing).

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Elzilcho said:
Hi everyone im new to these forums and im in year 12.

I just wanted to get your opinions on what you all think is best to do the options are:

1. Go straight to uni
2. Take a gap year get a job and work then go to uni (i have not had a job yet)
3. Go to England and live over there for a while and work then come back a study

Any insight from what people plan to do or have done will be great thanks!!!
As someone has said, it depends on what you want to do. If you really really enjoy your studies and are itching to learn some new material, then i would say go to university.

If you are someone who needs money to get to uni, which is a very important factor for people who dont have family support (financially) or scholarships, then probably getting a job will be important.

Someone i know went to England and worked their for a year before she went to uni, she found it to be a great opportunity for her growth and relaxation.

So yeh, just ask yourself, what do you want in life?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
I would advise you to go straight to uni, don't take the risk of lapsing out of the momentum of learning.

You have quite a few months between uni and end of hsc, and you could probably travel and chillax and so on.

It really does come down to what you want to do and what you think is the best thing for you.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
munchiecrunchie said:
I would advise you to go straight to uni, don't take the risk of lapsing out of the momentum of learning.

You have quite a few months between uni and end of hsc, and you could probably travel and chillax and so on.

It really does come down to what you want to do and what you think is the best thing for you.
there are many pros and cons with a gap year. you just looked at one side of the story.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Elzilcho said:
I was thinking something in the area of sports science.

See im thinking of a nice break but then i might get lazy and not want to go or somthing like that. Is it easier going straight after school?
Hmmmm.... I really dont know, no personal experience:)
But going overseas ( it is talked up i know) can be very hard - if you choose to do that , make sure you are very organised:)

munchiecrunchie

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
there are many pros and cons with a gap year. you just looked at one side of the story.
Indeed I did.

It would be foolish to expect all replies to be completely objective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)