What should i do for my Ancient History Assignment! (1 Viewer)

Hmurra

HSC
so yeah i've ot this massive ancient history assignment and i don't know what to write it on (2000words and a 4 minute speech :cry: )

what are your favourite ancient history sites... and if you did this task what did you do and what did you get.
appreciated

p.s. nothing on Troy or Ancient egypt please (not allowed :angry:)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Mm, we had something similar last year, but I think it was a 8-10min presentation and it was completely own choice of topic [except what we were studying]. Hmm, if you have to do sites- if there's nothing you're particularly interested in, I know someone who did Petra [the city which was carved out of the cliffs in Jordan] which was really interesting. Good luck :]

muzeikchun852

HSC
some ancient building in China or Japan. kensai temple or something.

XIcreatediscoX

HSC
hmmmm, i would prob do it on something like hatshepsut reign or more speicfically her expedition to punt! but! if you want to be original why not do the development of the pyramids? you could explain how they started from the mastabas and then up until khufu's great pyramid

.....LOL i'm sorry i just noticed the last bit about nothing on egypt :K sorry! if i were you i would do maybe something like the minoans who are very interesting!

Last edited:

nat03

HSC
for mine, i did the sites of angkor in siem reap, cambodia. :jedi:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You could always do soemthing to with Greece or Rome. They're pretty thick with sources.

I did a similar assignment last year on Socrates and how he influenced modern thought. Was around 2000 words. There are a fair few writers on Socrates too.

you -nG-

HSC
i think this is the same thing, i'm doing How classical greek mythology influenced greek society. If that doesn't interest you i would heavily recommend doing something greek or roman, like the above said...also ask your teacher for some ideas, i'm pretty sure (at my school atleast) there is a booklet with a massive ammount of ideas you could pick from.

Poolee

HSC
The Celts are a really interesting bunch, but the only problem with them is that there aren't many sources relating to them - only the baised ones by the Romans.
Alternatively, something on the Chinese?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)