What should i do now to increase my 2unit marks? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I could post a ton of info explaining everything but nobody really cares so i wont. Bassically majority of the grade chose the wrong level of maths. 2 friends and I have decided to drop from 3 unit to 2 unit due to poor marks in both 3 unit and 2 unit. Majority of people in the 2 unit class at the moment want to drop to general or drop maths completely now and we dont want to fall behind with them.

What should i be doing to study now besides doing homework? Now i have very little homework and don't want to go ahead in the course. Are there any good websites or free resources i can use for the preliminary course? I dont want to buy any books for preliminary when theres a term left. Also any other advice or suggestions?

Nadiaa

HSC
just practice
use different books so you can get use to different styles of questions and so forth
best of luck :)

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Maths online, does very basic revision, with very baby questions ( not recommended to have that as your only study)

kcqn93

HSC
awwwwwwww don't drop MX1!!!

Believe it or but I was ranked dead last at my school in MX1 22/22 in year 11, but you know the summer holidays, I stayed home and did the Fitzpatrick books (Green and Yellow, entirely) and now I'm acing both MX1 and MX2. (no tutor)

with a bit of hard work and revision, you should be able to raise your ranks in maths easily

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Maths online, does very basic revision, with very baby question ( not recommended to have that as your only study)
Yeah i have been using that a bit in the last week or so, mainly as study for the tests but i think i will use regularly now.

Also are there any textbooks which incorporate both 11 and 12? I might look at getting Jones/Couchman (had that for 3u), Fitzpatrick and Coroneos (do they have 2u for that?) is that it for 11 and 12? I think those (with cambridge from school) are the better books for hsc aswell so maybe thats all ill need with excel and past papers in year 12 aswell.

awwwwwwww don't drop MX1!!!

Believe it or but I was ranked dead last at my school in MX1 22/22 in year 11, but you know the summer holidays, I stayed home and did the Fitzpatrick books (Green and Yellow, entirely) and now I'm acing both MX1 and MX2. (no tutor)

with a bit of hard work and revision, you should be able to raise your ranks in maths easily
Too late now, MX1 has over 40 students at my school and it is incredibly competitive. The teacher said they only think like 3 students from the class i was in should stay in mx1 and move up to the higher class. There is a definite big gap in the marks between the classes. I was probably 4th or so lowest in mx1.

Last edited:

kcqn93

HSC
ahhh that sucks

well for 2unit just do the yellow fitz and you're good to go

hscishard

HSC
I've seen too many of my peers do maths the wrong way.
They either don't know what to do or do what they think is right.

My suggestion to you is do your homework, again with a teacher with you. BUT each step you take, say WHY you're doing that step. The teacher will verify your your reasoning and can help you if you "made up"(what you think is right) the reason.

BeeemER

HSC
Listen if you wanna be better, you have to forget your teacher and students. My friend and I did this together, by the time the teacher started handing out past papers to do. We had done atleast 50 papers all from sydney boys, cssa n shit. My teacher was like "I think you might burn out". Then b4 the hsc we did all the HSC past papers back to like 97 alone.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
work from other textbooks that you have
also, do past papers! as much as you can!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)