WHAT SHOULD I DO? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am struggling to decide between pursuing engineering and commerce. I asked my careers advisor she said to do a double degree. The issue with this though is that I do not want to do engineering and commerce at the same university. Considering I have 0 experience with engineering should I try that for 1 semester? If I dislike it could I enrol into commerce in semester 2 in another university?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
In terms of engineering degrees most people doing it don't have any experience prior to doing them unless they did engineering studies during the HSC. What is more important is do you have a decent ability in mathematics and physics, as those two subjects will be important for that type of degree as it is maths heavy. If you have those skills then doesn't really matter if you don't have any other experience from high school, they will teach you everything you need to know to complete the subjects

HSC
In terms of engineering degrees most people doing it don't have any experience prior to doing them unless they did engineering studies during the HSC. What is more important is do you have a decent ability in mathematics and physics, as those two subjects will be important for that type of degree as it is maths heavy. If you have those skills then doesn't really matter if you don't have any other experience from high school, they will teach you everything you need to know to complete the subjects
thanks for the advice. My problem moreso is if I like it or not thats basically it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)