what should i do??? (1 Viewer)

chunder

HSC
Hi guys....I'm currently doing actuarial with appFin. I wanna do accounting as well and was considering replacing the appFin portion of my degree with accounting. Do you guys reckon this is worthwhile but more importantly is the combination appropriate?? The main reason why i wanna pick up accounting is so i could gain one of those accounting trainee positions. I know that such a position won't mean much to the actuarial side of my career but i believe experience in an office environment is invaluable and i also belive it would improve my chances of getting a job i want.

feng

im not sure if you are allowed to just switch to acst and acct since they are both major subjects or whatever

flamin'

You can switch... But all the prereqs and stuff you will need to have done otherwise you'll just be 1st year acct again. Do whatever you are insterested in - if you don't like whatever you are in, then you will just be wasting your time.

Accts generally find it easier to get jobs. The market is always good for accts and there is plenty of room for growth as an acct like CFO etc. Acst is more competitive for jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)