are;

-chemistry 50%
-physics 50-60%
-extension 1 math 50%
-math 60-70%
-english (standard) 90+%
-pd/h/pe 80-90%
-business studies 70-80%

and i want to do physiotherapy, sport science, sports media, sports management, or dentistry

so what should i keep and what should i drop if i want to get the highest UAI possible. but also having experience in the subjects needed for the above courses.

thanks

Ancly

Banned
HSC
N/A
drop chem
you are only getting 50% lol which is terrible i have never heard of someone going that bad.
you wont get into dentistry so forget about that
drop ext maths too
concentrate on getting your maths and physics up a lot and bumping all the others up a little

Bisu

HSC
I think you should drop chemistry or physics. You could drop one of them and concentrate on the other which would probably help with your marks.

Good luck

Let us knwo how you go!

Ancly

Banned
HSC
N/A
obviously chem because it is not really needed as much in his preferred uni courses

caringperson

HSC
drop chemistry

i believe it will benefit you and your ATAR. plz dont make the wrong decision. i am GENUINELY concerned about your results, as I haave a friend who also does the same subjects as you.

good luck though, i hope you make a wise choice. do what you want to do and what will benefit you in the end. because that's all that matters.

NaturalRooty

HSC
It seems as though chemistry and physics are your weakest subjects.. So I think you should choose between the two

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
keep extension cos it wont screw your mark up if you do bad at it, cos its your BEST ten units isnt it?
but yeh chemistry isnt your friend, so ditch it

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
get rid of ext maths because there is no point wasting your time on a subject that you are obviously struggling with

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
fucking hell i know that

i said to drop both

50% in ext maths will do you no favours

pman

Banned
HSC
actually, 50% int ext maths is ok

Don't: drop an anvil on ur foot

Do: drop chemistry

School addict

HSC
Hey there,
I wish you lots of luck, no matter what you decide but here are a few points to
get you thinking:
- Chemistry will get you into more Uni courses than Physics (you never know, you may happen to change your mind about what you want to study).
If it were me, I would think seriously about dropping Physics but I would discuss it with my Teachers, Parents, Careers Advisor and Year Advisor first.
Best wishes.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Chemistry: Assumed knowledge for science-related courses / Recommended for medicine, dentistry and most health-related courses

Physics: Assumed knowledge for engineering-related courses and some physics-related science courses / Recommended for some health-related courses (oddly enough)

@gosford-bogan: drop chemistry, if you're doing that badly, i'm afraid there's little hope for doing anything at university that requires chemistry as assumed or recommended knowledge

Hope that helps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)