What site offers free webhosting (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
what the best place to make a website?

hi ,
i want to make a website....
whats the place to host the site..i don't wanna pay anything but i don't want popup adds either and want it so lots of people can access it ......so it doesn't crash or something.

help would be appreciated

thanks

Winston

HSC
Re: what the best place to make a website?

Originally posted by choco
hi ,
i want to make a website....
whats the place to host the site..i don't wanna pay anything but i don't want popup adds either and want it so lots of people can access it ......so it doesn't crash or something.

help would be appreciated

thanks

Try Angelfire.com

they can host your site for you...

BUT! you either have ads popping up or you have to have banner ads on each of your webpages.

But you also have limited bandwidth for it,

www.geocities.com has tools for you to design webpages, yet same principle as angelfire

dude.. seriously what do you think this world is lol... there's nothing called free, there has to be a price to pay, so don't go thinking someone will offer you free webspace without getting anything in return.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
if you are really serious about the website just pay, it isn't very expensive....

around $12 a month i think, mabye less

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ...
that sounded a bit....

sorry...me bad ;)
ARGGHH dammit lol

you have the worse mind ever!!

yoshi

Re: what the best place to make a website?

Originally posted by choco
i don't wanna pay anything but i don't want popup adds either and want it so lots of people can access it
In the webhosting world, this is faulty logic. You have to pay for the priviledge of someone hosting your site and using up their bandwidth - they recover this cost (when it's a "free" webhost) through ads.

Look here

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
also geocoties doesn't have popups they have a banner.

personally i reckon popups are better than banners cause they are easier to block.

Free pop-up blocking browsers
www.mozilla.org (advanced users)
www.opera.com (normal ppl)

i do believe they have both

just like angelfire, you can opt to have it on your page or a popup

MysticEye

personally i run a website with my free hosting wiv optus cable i believe theres other isp's out there with free hosting, including dialup companies... and to get rid of that long url i use www.shorturl.com u can get an address like www.blah.vze.com & its absoultly free no popups, beats having http://members.optusnet.com.au/username/index.html

so yeh if u really want free with no ads and all i'd recommend u try and do that.

Jeo

I can give u free hosting... provided that you display a tiny banner on ur page

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by MysticEye
personally i run a website with my free hosting wiv optus cable i believe theres other isp's out there with free hosting, including dialup companies... and to get rid of that long url i use www.shorturl.com u can get an address like www.blah.vze.com & its absoultly free no popups, beats having http://members.optusnet.com.au/username/index.html

so yeh if u really want free with no ads and all i'd recommend u try and do that.

ummm i don't know about you but my ISP has limited bandwidth for me even though i pay so much for cable lol...

Soliah

Originally posted by Winston
ummm i don't know about you but my ISP has limited bandwidth for me even though i pay so much for cable lol...
He means webspace i believe, and I don't think that you'd get that much traffic on a personal webspace site.

I've look around for a good free host, but it's impossible to find a reliable one with a reasonably amount of space, FTP uploading capabilites, and PHP + MySQL support.

If I had broadband I'd just serve my site myself :( (But I don't)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
He means webspace i believe, and I don't think that you'd get that much traffic on a personal webspace site.

I've look around for a good free host, but it's impossible to find a reliable one with a reasonably amount of space, FTP uploading capabilites, and PHP + MySQL support.

If I had broadband I'd just serve my site myself :( (But I don't)

You'd want either optus cable or adsl, telstra makes web experience hell!

no FTP's, although i don't think they'll mind since we pay for our uploads, and the upload speeds are shit...

Australias broadbnad industry makes any persons experience in computing hell, i mean i havent set up my own FTP before in my life because its literally impossible to test it out since uploading is counted my usage.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
there's a website that offers 15MB of space, the only conditions are that [a] you have to live in Sydney and [2] you have to acknowledge the webmasters.

www.funkii.com

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
there's a website that offers 15MB of space, the only conditions are that [a] you have to live in Sydney and [2] you have to acknowledge the webmasters.

www.funkii.com

Wow thanks babydoll_

very interesting...

if only they could of added another 0 at the end of the 15 lol

Huy

HSC
N/A
I was given a website, www.graffiti.net

I use it to store my pics and useless junk, which I cross-link (hotlink) on BOS, to graffiti in most of the "post your photos" thread(s).

20MB I believe. :)
It works for me, beats geocities hands down

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
can u still hotlink to geocities by renaming the imgs to .txt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)