What software for writing maths on computer? (1 Viewer)

unwanted80

HSC
N/A
hey guys,

do you know what software i can use to easily write maths terms.. eg: fractions, square roots, and integrals -- on the computer?,, so like just the software terry lee uses to make his answers, and then posts them up on the net... - i hope you get wat im trying to ask you lol..

unwanted80

HSC
N/A
i need to write like a couple of pages.. otherwise i would just use latex.. though its abit complicated,, lol

vds700

HSC
If you've got office 2007, its has an equation feature u can do basic things wit, its under the insert tab.

For earlier versions of office, you can use Microsoft Equation, though its not always installed- Go to Insert, Object, see if you can see MS Equation. If not, you'll have to put in ur office install disc and install it (go to custom, its under office tools). I used this to type up a stats assignment last semester, works reasonably well for simple stuff.

If this won't do what you need, I guess you'll have to use Latex.

unwanted80

HSC
N/A
If you've got office 2007, its has an equation feature u can do basic things wit, its under the insert tab.

For earlier versions of office, you can use Microsoft Equation, though its not always installed- Go to Insert, Object, see if you can see MS Equation. If not, you'll have to put in ur office install disc and install it (go to custom, its under office tools). I used this to type up a stats assignment last semester, works reasonably well for simple stuff.

holy shit thats epic, they have integrals and all! madd

benv

HSC

WORD 07 FTW, Even good for physics formulas aswell & ofcourse maths :sun:

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC

omg ty, been looking for this too.

unwanted80

HSC
N/A
How do you get a z with a bar ontop?

when talkin about the conjugate root theorem? using o7 ? i cant find it anywhere..

vds700

HSC
How do you get a z with a bar ontop?

when talkin about the conjugate root theorem? using o7 ? i cant find it anywhere..
its under accent

dunno whether its really a smart idea to be typing up 4 unit notes. It'll take so much longer than writing out by hand.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
maple 11 or maple 12 (same thing really..)

good for math stuff, we use it in first year uni maths, second year uni maths introduces matlab.

edit: why would you wanna JUST write up math terms? This software lets you equate stuff as well, eg finding derivative of functions with 1 or more variables, plotting functions, solving differential equations, integrating, matrix/vector manipulation, anything mathy really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)