What subjects are you doing next semester? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
So, I am just wondering what subjects people are doing next semester. I think I will be doing the following:

ACFI1020 – Financial Management;
STAT1050 – Statistics for Business; and
IRHR1110 – Introduction to Management and Organisational Behaviour.

I think my final subject will be either one on these:

ECON2500 - Microeconomics II; or
ECON2520 - Introduction to International Trade and Finance.

I am still not sure about what my second major will be though:( :rolleyes:.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
psych1020 (follow on from 1010 this semester, as one of my science pairs)
biol1110 (follow on from 1120 this semester, as one of my science pairs)
geog1040
phil1060
hist1020

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
psych1020 (follow on from 1010 this semester, as one of my science pairs)
biol1110 (follow on from 1120 this semester, as one of my science pairs)
geog1040
phil1060
hist1020
Five subjects:eek:? I struggle with four:D!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Actually, are you getting credit for all of your subjects if you transfer to Occupational Therapy:)?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
Five subjects:eek:? I struggle with four:D!
i have to make up for only doing 3 this semester

Actually, are you getting credit for all of your subjects if you transfer to Occupational Therapy:)?
umm, i might be able to get credit from psych1010/1020 to count towards 1030...but that will be it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I see:).

umm, i might be able to get credit from psych1010/1020 to count towards 1030...but that will be it.
Oh, that would suck. Weren't there any similar subjects or electives in the degrees:confused: ?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Oh, that would suck. Weren't there any similar subjects or electives in the degrees:confused: ?
most of them are only for the BOccThy people...the only ones I could have took were psych1030 (which meant i couldnt use psych1010/1020 as one of my pairs) or soca1200 (which clashes with a bio lecture).

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
EDUC1004 something about teaching
EDUC1006 something else about teaching
MATH1010 mathematic foundations.. whheeeeeee
AART1010 foundations in creative arts.. can't wait!!!!

Ranger Stacie how did you go with transfering your course to ourimbah????

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A

yeah, i only did 3 this semester because i dropped a course, so i think i have to do 5 next semester and possibly 5 semester 1 2004 because i was too retarded to decide that i wanted to change courses before the start of second year :(

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
COMP2220
COMP2240
ACFI1020
ACFI2070/2080, I forget

Three days/week for me, Tuesday and Friday off! :D

McDaddy

HSC
N/A
elec1700
math1220
phys1220
seng1110

Go engineering, we all do the same courses. At least I've got friday's off, unlike last semester, was at uni every day :(.

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Woah, hang on guys... I want to transfer from Information technology to something else next year: perhaps teaching. I dropped a class this semester, so I only did 3. Does that mean I need to do 5 next semester? Do you need to average 4 classes a semester or something? or can I do just 3 classes again next semester too? :confused:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by great_gregory
Woah, hang on guys... I want to transfer from Information technology to something else next year: perhaps teaching. I dropped a class this semester, so I only did 3. Does that mean I need to do 5 next semester? Do you need to average 4 classes a semester or something? or can I do just 3 classes again next semester too? :confused:
No, it is just that most degrees are three years long and have 240 credit points, which averages to 40 credit points (four subjects) per semester. So all it means is that you will be at University for seven semesters and not the normal six (three years) if you only do three subjects in one or more semesters:).

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Yeah, you can do 5. I only really want to do 5 next semester so i dont feel lazy for dropping a subject

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
not too sure for transfers, but im just thinking along the lines of 'if i dont get my transfer, ill be stuck in BSc, and will need to make up for my semester of slackness at some point, may as well be this year while the courses are still relatively simple'

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Originally posted by PrincessSJ
EDUC1004 something about teaching
EDUC1006 something else about teaching
MATH1010 mathematic foundations.. whheeeeeee
AART1010 foundations in creative arts.. can't wait!!!!

Ranger Stacie how did you go with transfering your course to ourimbah????
I have to wait till next year to transfer...I went to ourimbah uni and asked if I can do my subjects for next semester there, but they said that they don't run any of our first year subjects and that supposedly teaching/arts is a totally different course at ourimbah. But my ex's best friend is in his final year of teaching/arts art ourimbah and he did the same subjects as newcastle the whole way through so I dont know!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have just decided what I want to do:D. I am going to do LEGL1001 - Foundations Of Law as my final subject.

I am going to do (hopefully) a Bachelor of Finance, majoring in Business Finance and International Business, and if that fails, then a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Finance and International Business (if anyone cares):cool:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by McDaddy
elec1700
math1220
phys1220
seng1110
Did you have to do ELEC1300 this semester? I have a mate who thought it was the hardest thing possible:lol:.

Originally posted by McDaddy
Go engineering, we all do the same courses. At least I've got friday's off, unlike last semester, was at uni every day :(.
He complained about that too (I don't blame him though):D. You have got to love Business type degrees/subjects, I managed to squeeze my fourteen hours into two days next semester:D.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I am going to do (hopefully) a Bachelor of Finance, majoring in Business Finance and International Business, and if that fails, then a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in Finance and International Business (if anyone cares):cool:.
Nice one!

I am doing Commerce, with a major in Finance. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)