What subjects are you doing next semester? (1 Viewer)

McDaddy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond
Did you have to do ELEC1300 this semester? I have a mate who thought it was the hardest thing possible:lol:.
Yep but I didn't find it too difficult since I'm doing electrical engineering. It'd suck for people doing mechanical because it's also a requirment but it's not really related to their degree.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
Nice one!

I am doing Commerce, with a major in Finance. :)
Cool, is it good:)?

Originally posted by McDaddy
Yep but I didn't find it too difficult since I'm doing electrical engineering. It'd suck for people doing mechanical because it's also a requirment but it's not really related to their degree.
Yeah, he does Mechanical Engineering:).

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
what happens if the have a drive motor that requires 240Vrms and have a 415V supply? whats a mech gunna do? And Elec have to draw engine pistons, whats that got to do with elec?

There are many arguments about this

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
her mrbassman are you doing engineering mathematics 2 next semester? I'm thinking about taking that course as credit towards my math degree

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
yeah i have to do that, i heard its all laplace

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
are you doing it? i love it mal williams is a great lecturer

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Merethrond said:
Cool, is it good:)?
Had my first second year subject, ACFI2080, it seems interesting and relevant to finance for once!!

mrbassman, Mal Williams is a good lecturer! I had him for MATH1510, too bad I still didn't get that shit :D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
mrbassman said:
are you doing it? i love it mal williams is a great lecturer
Nah, decided not to do it after my first couple of civil eng. subjects. the workload would be insane with 5 subjects. I might do it next year or 4th year. how did you go in 2310?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
obviously not as good as you :) i got 91 with the scaling i would imagine i got 2 wrong maybe three

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cyph said:
Had my first second year subject, ACFI2080, it seems interesting and relevant to finance for once!!
Sounds good then. Actually, how did they let you do that subject if you haven't done ACFI1020 yet? Isn't that a prerequisite:confused:?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
mrbassman said:
obviously not as good as you :) i got 91 with the scaling i would imagine i got 2 wrong maybe three
nice work. you are the first person i have heard of to get in the 90's. The other people i know got mainly 60s, one 85, and one other 100.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i heard there were a few 100's. Heavy scaling was afoot i think.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
mrbassman said:
i heard there were a few 100's. Heavy scaling was afoot i think.
Yeah, I think that there was definitely a lot of scaling present in the exam, because on a whole, the class did pretty shit in the exam i would think. The fact that there was only 16 questions created a pretty big void between the top and the bottom students as well. I have only heard of 2 100's so far, but im guessing that there could be anywhere upto 10 people who got 100.

btw. have you got back the mark for the subject that was graded Incomplete. One of the Electrical eng. guys i know was talking about that the other day. I think its pretty dodgy for a lecturer to have not finalised grades before the release of results.

Last edited:

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Merethrond said:
Sounds good then. Actually, how did they let you do that subject if you haven't done ACFI1020 yet? Isn't that a prerequisite:confused:?

Just assumed knowledge I think.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
it is still incomplete. they know when the deadlines are and considering some lecturers in elec eng have much larger groups and still mark papers overnight i now consider colin coates very slack indeed. i guess he is a slow marker because he did not mark any of the assignments or laboratories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)