Units : 12

HSC
Extension 2 Maths
Advanced English
Physics
Chemistry
Software Design and Development

Units : 12

(Do u think 12 units is too much in hsc year?)

Chang

HSC
Right now
Maths ext 1
Physics
Economics
Business studies
VET IT
standard english

HSC
Standard english
maths ext 2 (hopefully)
physics
Economics/IT
Cosmology (hopefully)

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::

there are quite a few people, if not then a lot, who do 12 units..just for backup..

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hmm YEAR 11
Ext eng
maths
mod his
bio
geo (Dropping??)
HSC Ext Jap (finishing this year)

14units

HSC
Ext eng
maths
bio
mod his

total 9 units
12 altogether

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
PRELIM:
Advanced english
2U maths
SOR1
geography
EXT1 english
Modern History
Legal studies

HSC:
Advanced English
2U maths
SOR1
Geography
Modern history
Legal Studies

I might pick up EXT history but i doubt i will, but hey you never know, but most likely no...

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
ext english, bah ask Ryan he knows all my complaining. I wouldent mind learning the content of the year 12 course and never having to do a assessment task. But in the long run with a 2 hour exam nd having to write an essay and creative piece for EXT it just won't work.

Yeah, out of my subjects its the one i really wanna drop, wouldent minddropping geog also, but hey its shit easy, but i wish i actually did some work in there, i go do like nothing in class, and do all the test yoour self questions in the book, and i get ranked one, and i have only been in there a term. Explain that one Australia, I think it has to do with the fact i am like the only one in there that takes it seriously and actually bothers to do work, not that the teacher gives us any anyways.

Does anyone know where i can download old Catholic trial prelim papers (if you can download them), cause i can see my geog one been one of them, or been bits of old ones put together, if anyone has done a prelim exam, as well can you post it on there.

Gee this post was going to end on ask Ryan... I really should go do some work and stop complaining that i have so much work to do, ahhh well i will do it tomorrow and saturday i suppose...

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
my first post...WOOHOO!

this year im doing
advanced English
Mathematics Ext 1
Chemistry
Biology
Legal studies
Society and Culture.

I was in a bit of a dilemma at the beginning of the year, because (stupidly) i tried to predict what i was gonna stay with and what i was gonna drop in year 12 (whilst i was still in yr 10)

I wasn't a great maths student in jnr school, so my "plan" was to do 3u in yr 11, and then drop down to 2u in year 12 (because prelim 3u maths course is equivalent to hsc + prelim 2u math course) and that was that. However...i suprised myself this year, doing quite well in maths, getting above 80 marks in 3U papers. And legal turned out to be quite boring and i didn't like it. So i really didn't know what to do, i wanted to drop legal however then i'd only have 11 units, and u need atleast 12 in yr 11, so i was questioning whther to pick up another whole subject like drama, but then that would mean id have to change all my other classes, or pick up 3u english..but when i got my 1st assesment back it was a CLEAR indication that i shouldn't do it (haha)

So i kept the 13 units, simply coz its too hard to change to anything else...i dunno what to do for year 12, because my marks for legal are pretty good, i wanna drop it coz i dont really like it but then again im too scared because what if maths gets bad next yr? i also hear the legal course is a lot more interesting in yr 12, and maths gets a lot harder..hmmm I'd also feel foolish to drop legal because my school is no 1 in NSW for legal.

WOAW...i rambled quite a bit..sorry everyone
have a nice day!

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
nah idon't think it's too much, a whole subject won't be counted so it's all good
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
(because prelim 3u maths course is equivalent to hsc + prelim 2u math course) and that was that. [/B]
i'm glad u've decided 2 keep it because u would have been disappointed - that is totally not true!! the 3u stuff that u learn in yr 11 is still 3u in yr 12! the 2uniters dnt learn it at all!
UNLESS, of course, ur school teachers 3u people all the 2u prelim and hsc stuff in 1 year, and the prelim and hsc 3u stuff in the hsc year

keep all 13 units, and be prepared 2 work, u won't regret anything that way

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
hi! i'm new, does anyone wanna be my buddy?

i'm doing 3 maths, 3 english, modern, business and french right now.

next year: 3 maths, eng adv, modern, hist ext, french, french ext.

i'm dropping busines and eng ext because they bore the hell out of me. i hope i don't regret it because i'm doing quite well in business, but i seriously can't take it anymore. i feel like i'm trapped in that room with the worst teacher in the world droning on and on......

so term 4, bring it on!

spleen

2u maths
2u english
2u geography
2u physics
2u earth n env
2u business studies
1u basic aeronautics
1u vis des
----
14u same next year.

kow_dude

HSC
Slimeboy, u cant be serious about dropping maths can u ?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i dont blame ya. i wouldve dropped maths too but you need it for anything scienced based at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)