What Subjects Are You Taking This Year? (1 Viewer)

HSC
stazi said:
I was about to say that you have a fantastic mix of subjects that you'll enjoy. ... then I saw that you want to do INFS1000 voluntarily. Why on earth would someone do that?
LOL!

I'm sooooooo not going to do INFS1000, I just put it in on the last minute as i didnt really spend time looking for units, I really want to change that particular unit and i'm really thinking of doing a language, either Korean or Japanese?

Do any of you guys know how I can change some of my enrolled units and also put new ones? And 'stazi' did you do ECOP subjects if so, would you have any online unit outlines so I can get a gist of what I'll be doing for the semester.. thanks..

And once again.. i REALLY dont want to do INFS..

I'm doing Economic and Social Sciences, I plan to major in Human Resources and Industrial Relations and do 2 senior units in Potilical Economics, I think that leaves me room to do another major? Is languages at uni hard? Any help would be good...

Stazi, any help with what to do with this degree in terms of choosing majors and subjects would help greatly thanks.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep, there's outlines in the thread waf mentioned. You can change subjects in mid february.
Doing a language major would exceed your maximum allowed credit points outside the faculty. What are you thinking of working as? You have two units in marketing, and you did another in summer school, why not major in that?

HSC
My previous degree that i was attending was a Bachelor of International Business at Macquarie:

The subjects i did there were

PHIL264 - Business and Professional Ethics
BUS201 - Introduction to International Business
SOC175 - Australian and Global Societies
ANTH150 - Identity and Difference: Intro to Anthropology
SOC234 - Methods of Social Research
MKTG101 - Marketing Fundamentals- Exempt
BUS102 - Business Organisation Prinicipals - Exempt
ISYS123 - Introduction to Information Systems - Exempt

I received exemptions at MACQ from my Advanced Diploma of Business Management for a Private college I went too. Would USYD give me credit for my above subjects as well as give exemptions from my diploma?

I will probly do a Marketing major but I would love to do a language, a International Business would be great but I have to do junior units firsto even start that ... what do you reckon..? Will i receive exemptions for all subjects I've done at Macq?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
little-rat-boi said:
My previous degree that i was attending was a Bachelor of International Business at Macquarie:

I received exemptions at MACQ from my Advanced Diploma of Business Management for a Private college I went too. Would USYD give me credit for my above subjects as well as give exemptions from my diploma?

I will probly do a Marketing major but I would love to do a language, a International Business would be great but I have to do junior units firsto even start that ... what do you reckon..? Will i receive exemptions for all subjects I've done at Macq?
Possibly. But you will have to fill out two transfer of credit forms (one for both institutions). You won't get an automatic exemption because you had one at macquarie but you might get one for the same reason you got one at macquarie.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Why don't you gain an exemption for consumer behaviour. And also why are you enrolled in mktg1001 if youre exempt from it. Also International Business seems kind of pointless if coupled with HRM.

HSC
I got exempted from it at MACQ but not sure yet about USYD, i have to give in my transcripts next week, i guess the sooner the better

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
withoutaface said:
Um, why are you doing life science maths units with that kind of UAI/having done 3u in your HSC?
I did really bad in maths in HSC, they were my worst marks.

That and I don't particularly want to pursue maths any further and am only doing maths in the first place because my degree forces me to.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
little-rat-boi said:

I have the same problem...and I also went to MQ last year. Of the units you've listed, I'm trying to get credit for ISYS123 and ANTH150.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
little-rat-boi said:
So I am unable to do a Korean Language major?
Read the handbook. No. Just because it's Korean doesn't mean they let you do that language major over any of the other language majors.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
Semester 1

FINC3017 Investments and Portfolio Management
ECMT3110 Econometric Models and Methods
ECMT2630 Managerial Decision Making
INFS2001 Business Information Systems (easy marks for engo since I have done and tutored info 2110)

Semester 2

ECMT3120 Applied Econometrics
ECMT2620 Management Science
ELEC4707 Engineering Project

HSC
Semester One:

ARIS1671 - Arabs, Islam and the Middle East
ARBC1611 - Arabic Introductory 1B
BBCL1001 - Biblical Studies 1
JCTC1001 - Palestine: Roman Rule to Islam

Semester Two:

ARIS1672 - Arabic-Islamic Civilisation
ARBC1612 - Arabic Introductory 2B
BBCL1002 - Biblical Studies 2
JCTC1002 - Jewish Settlement Outside Palestine

Yes, I'm being boring and just doing the follow on units for each subject but I want to major in either Biblical Studies (or something religious) or something to do with Arab culture and the only other thing I'm interested in is history and the first year history units at USyd don't really do it for me at all.
I would, however, enjoy immensely doing the genocide unit in second year with Dirk Moses so I may decide to grin and bear it and do a history unit in second semester so that I can do that.

nemuca

Ultimate Bludger!!
HSC
Semester 1
KRNS2621 Korean 3
LNGS2603 Functional Grammar
PSYC2011 Brain and Behaviour
PSYC2012 Statistics and Research Methods for Psychology

Semester 2
KRNS2622 Korean 4
LNGS2601 Phonetics and Phonology
PSYC2013 Cognitive, Developmental and Social Psychology
PSYC2014 Personality and Differential Psychology

Last edited:

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
Semester 1
ACCT1002-Accounting 1B
ANHS1003-Foundations for Ancient History-Greece
ECON1001-Introductory Microeconomics
SCLG2601-Sociological Theory

Semeter 2
ACCT2011-Financial Accounting A
ECON1002-Introductory Macroeconomics
MKTG1002-Marketing Research 1
SCLG2612-Self and Society

I was abit nonchalant when i picked my units so ill probably chop and change a few of the them after thinking more thoroughly about it all. Im still hazy on what i should major in the commerce part of my degree otherwise im all set to major in sociology for my arts section of my degree.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Semester One:

ARIS1671 - Arabs, Islam and the Middle East
ARBC1611 - Arabic Introductory 1B
BBCL1001 - Biblical Studies 1
JCTC1001 - Palestine: Roman Rule to Islam

Semester Two:

ARIS1672 - Arabic-Islamic Civilisation
ARBC1612 - Arabic Introductory 2B
BBCL1002 - Biblical Studies 2
JCTC1002 - Jewish Settlement Outside Palestine

Yes, I'm being boring and just doing the follow on units for each subject but I want to major in either Biblical Studies (or something religious) or something to do with Arab culture and the only other thing I'm interested in is history and the first year history units at USyd don't really do it for me at all.
I would, however, enjoy immensely doing the genocide unit in second year with Dirk Moses so I may decide to grin and bear it and do a history unit in second semester so that I can do that.
If there is another terrorist attack soon, I will know who to blame.

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
Semester 1:
ARCL2604 Aegean Prehistory (ca 3000-1100 BC)
ARNE2603 Introduction to the archaeology of Iran
CHEM1101 Chemistry 1A
GRMN2611 Senior German 1

Semester 2:
ARNE2601 Egyptian Archaeology
ARPH2602 Scientific Analysis of Materials
CHEM1102 Chemistry 1B
GRMN2612 Senior German 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)