• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what subjects brought down UAIs (1 Viewer)

HSC
What subjects d'you reckon brought down UAIs?

Is there like a site for that kinda shit? I do art and music, and got band 5 and 6 respectively, but my UAI is like .... shit, compared to those marks. Well, hey maybe not shit, but very different. I know UAI isn't exactly the same. But I'm not too worried - I'm in uni already, but still, wanna know the workings of my UAI.

Acid

HSC
I reckno languages did for a lot of people. They might scale well for HSC but for UAI they are shithouse. Tried to tell my friends that but they didn't listen....

I was heaps happy with scaling of business/economics, and maths 2unit...

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
i fink ALL humanity sub scale u down.. i got band 5&4; did society, art, viet n business n they scaled me down by over 12 marks so.. yeahhhh

Rory

HSC
Ancient was scaled pretty badly, I got scaled down 17 marks. Not happy.

skinned

i think if you dont want subjects like art and music to scale you down, you have to carve them up.

neil_dl2

far out you people think that they only scale down languages etc, i did all the three sciences, and my assessment mark was brought down in each by about 15 or 16 marks , that killed my uai to a lousy 83, this is bullshit, the only reason i did the three sciences is to get a good uai, my assessment mark for chemistry should have been 92 but they put down 78, and same for the others. :vcross:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
noel_gallagher said:
What subjects d'you reckon brought down UAIs?

Is there like a site for that kinda shit? I do art and music, and got band 5 and 6 respectively, but my UAI is like .... shit, compared to those marks. Well, hey maybe not shit, but very different. I know UAI isn't exactly the same. But I'm not too worried - I'm in uni already, but still, wanna know the workings of my UAI.
http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2004-Table-A3.pdf

If you can't understand the table, go to the UAI Technical forum and there are some threads on this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)