• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what tasks did ur eng prelims have?? (1 Viewer)

anonymoushehe

HSC
our teachers just told us that we have to do an essay on mod a, mod b, a narrative and short responses — is this what eng prelims typically have?? i thought that was so much to do for a prelim exam or am i being stupid

qweeosh

HSC
our teacher is making us do an unseen text section based on mod A and then an extended response on mod C, as whether or not this is a typical eng prelim then I have no idea.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
our teachers just told us that we have to do an essay on mod a, mod b, a narrative and short responses — is this what eng prelims typically have?? i thought that was so much to do for a prelim exam or am i being stupid
it’s a lot but it’s meant to be a lot, to prepare you for the hsc exam.

hscccc

HSC
really similar to yours, two essays, creative and one short answer

iloveeggs

HSC
no way we only have 1 45 min essay on mod A. my school likes to assess everything separately. im cooked for hsc i def need tutoring

oml

HSC
we had short answer, read-to-write essay, & comparitive mod A essay - 40 mins for each section. Ig we didn't have mod B in ours cause we didn't cover it but we have a multimodal on that later this term. That's A LOT of content for yr11 imo, maybe you go selective and it's just harder?

iloveeggs

HSC
we had short answer, read-to-write essay, & comparitive mod A essay - 40 mins for each section. Ig we didn't have mod B in ours cause we didn't cover it but we have a multimodal on that later this term. That's A LOT of content for yr11 imo, maybe you go selective and it's just harder?
nah a lot of selectives prefer to have only 1 mod per exam, at least that i know of. not sure why, but you're right english at their school must be hard

• Wow
Reactions: oml

anonymoushehe

HSC
i go to a private school but its not those high elite ones, its just a rando one in the western sydney area 😭

iloveeggs

HSC
I go to one of the elite ones and we're doing bare minimum lmao. Why is ur school trying to be so different .... That's just so unreasonable... Is ur school known for their english dep or smn?
yeah agreed some schools def make internals harder in the subjects where they expect the most b6s so they can prep their cohort for hsc. its like how learning e1 maths in a selective or elite private schools vs other schools is soo different

anonymoushehe

HSC
I go to one of the elite ones and we're doing bare minimum lmao. Why is ur school trying to be so different .... That's just so unreasonable... Is ur school known for their english dep or smn?
we only get like 1 - 4 bands 6's for eng each year but i heard from the board or smth that this years cohort were struggling with the jump in difficulty for the assessments and exams in maths and eng so im pretty sure they requested the teachers in each subject to ramp up the difficulty for the exams and assessments for our year so were more prepared ig

iloveeggs

HSC
we only get like 1 - 4 bands 6's for eng each year but i heard from the board or smth that this years cohort were struggling with the jump in difficulty for the assessments and exams in maths and eng so im pretty sure they requested the teachers in each subject to ramp up the difficulty for the exams and assessments for our year so were more prepared ig
damnn thats interesting

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Cohorts struggling and their way to bridge the gap is to make them struggle more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)