What teachers can and can't put in an exam (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I had an end-of-year Preliminary Business Studies exam last week, and there were a few questions that I believe covered ideas not explicity set out in the syllabus.
One of the questions asked us to "identify management strategies for managing the critical issue of credit policy". In the syllabus, "credit policy" isn't listed as a "critical issue" that must be covered in the course. So as a result I didn't know what credit policy was and so I didn't know how to answer the question. To make matters worse, the teacher who set the paper told his own class to study that material from another different book (not our set textbook), and the other three classes (including mine) weren't informed that that information would be tested.

Is that really allowed? i.e. the fact that ideas not in the syllabus were examined AND that the teacher told his own class and not the others.

the xc3ption

i think that counts as a disadvantage... really not sure, because our teacher does the same thing- but its always my class that gets the higher marks....so we never have a case...
umm but in your case however, yeh you do...
you might want to bring it up with the head teacher of the faculty.
sorry cant be any more of a help

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's not such a bad yr12 question...credit policy...factoring accounts recievable etc.
But you dont cover financial mngt at that level in prelim!

Kulazzi

HSC
I personally think you should discuss it with the teacher, or head teacher, about this. That question should be cancelled out because you were misinformed about the exam and also because you didn't have the advantage to study off the other textbooks like the other classes did. I would do that if that happened to me (which hasn't yet cos my biz exam is in one week).

It's definitely not fair and definitely not allowed that the teacher who had set the test told his class what was in it and not you guys. So, yeah, go talk to the teacher, head teacher and if necessary your deputy curriculum :)

Kultemkampf

HSC
oy Rench i sat for that exam and it was easy. If you had some general knowledge and didnt have to study all day and night u may have got it. Why dont u use your other persona demolition man :D

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
LOL.
Can't be Cayzer or Bickerstaff, but it must be someone else.
And for the last time, I'm not demolition - I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I messaged that guy and he was a psycho nut, and I'm no psycho nut.

BTW. Who are you? I thought you were Cayzer or Bickerstaff. No-one else has come up to me claiming that I'm demolition.

And Kultem, that Business exam was OK. Except for that section of management issues in critical areas of the business - 10 marks of crap we didn't learn.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
*girl04* said:
but what happened when it happens in year 12?
That was my main concern.
It's really the principle of the thing that I'm concerned about. I'm not angry for the sake of it, but I believe I have a valid issue. Besides, I've got a few other people in my favour.

Kulazzi

HSC
I'm pretty sure it won't happen in year 12 because they only test you on the syllabus, it is a crucial year. They might do it in the half-yearlies but definitely not the Trial or the actual HSC exam, I doubt that very very much

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
That was my main concern.
It's really the principle of the thing that I'm concerned about. I'm not angry for the sake of it, but I believe I have a valid issue. Besides, I've got a few other people in my favour.

yeah i understand you. we have two business classes at our school, and the other class good 3 weeks for an assesment and we got 1.5 it was unfair, but it didnt bother me as it was easy, but it is the principle and if it happened for the hsc year it defintely wouldnt be fair .... gd luck in getting it sorted out :

Ch00

HSC
N/A
Incredible... someone actually reads the syllabus

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
^ well i am going to read the sylabuss for the hsc .. but for preliminary .. well i dont even have them .. except for chemistry

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I'm pretty sure it won't happen in year 12 because they only test you on the syllabus, it is a crucial year. They might do it in the half-yearlies but definitely not the Trial or the actual HSC exam, I doubt that very very much
I definitely agree with that, since the trial I'll be doing will be set externally (CSSA). But even if it happened in the half-yearlies, I'd still be quite angry (~20% of assessment). I wouldn't mind so much if it happened in Yrs7-10, but getting closer to the HSC, I'd say that the teacher is doing his own students the most harm, so that's a consolation.

Kultemkampf

HSC
what makes u think its not Cayzer or Bickerstaff?

and why are you stressing out about marks and the HSc all the time. You havent lost one exam to anyone so why stress?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Kultemkampf said:
what makes u think its not Cayzer or Bickerstaff?

and why are you stressing out about marks and the HSc all the time. You havent lost one exam to anyone so why stress?
Who said I was stressing?
Probably to your disbelief, I'm usually quite relaxed before exams. And when you say "all the time", I think that's too much of an assumption. Who says I stress, let alone "all the time"? The disappointing thing is that the stereotype of "nerds" is that they're holed up in their room all day and that they stress all the time - if you just came back from the Mulgoa camp then you should know about "masks". Unless they've seen me outside of school, then no-one is in a position to make those assumptions.

The only reason why I asked about the Business exam was that a few of the other guys were asking the same thing and what doya know...lots of the other people on here have experienced the same situation. I'm not doing it for the sake of it, and I'm not doing it because I'm stressed - I'm asking a question that lots of people want answered and who haven't asked!

BTW. I'm guessing you aren't Cayzer or Bickerstaff because neither of them do Business.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Without Wings said:
kultemkampf and rench i've already asked you to keep conversations to PM in another forum...
Sorry.
But my "friend" here keeps posting all his messages wherever I am. I've messaged him, but he doesn't seem to be saying much there.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Without Wings said:
well you can ignore your "friend"...you can even put them on the ignore list so you dont see them if they are really bugging you...
"Don't see"?
In what way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)