What technique is this? (1 Viewer)

Watsername

HSC
I'm analysing a feature article about Mark Latham and I dont know what technique they keep using.
This in an excerpt:

"HOWARD'S $3,000 BABY PAYMENT. "It's like the reform of parliamentary superannuation. It doesn't matter where good ideas come from - Labor or Liberal. Let's get them done for the benefit of the Australian people." Class warrior. "All schools will be funded on the basis of need." King's School. "That's my goal - to give this country a government every bit as big and warm-hearted as the Australian people themselves." All my life. "Under our policy, young people will have just two options: they can be either learning or earning. No third option of just sitting around doing nothing." Pancreatiti"

So what is it called in the first line when they write a healding an then a quote that relates to it. And also what is the technique when Latham is quotes and then theres random words in response, like "king's school" and "class warrior"?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Watsername said:
I'm analysing a feature article about Mark Latham and I dont know what technique they keep using.
This in an excerpt:

"HOWARD'S $3,000 BABY PAYMENT. "It's like the reform of parliamentary superannuation. It doesn't matter where good ideas come from - Labor or Liberal. Let's get them done for the benefit of the Australian people." Class warrior. "All schools will be funded on the basis of need." King's School. "That's my goal - to give this country a government every bit as big and warm-hearted as the Australian people themselves." All my life. "Under our policy, young people will have just two options: they can be either learning or earning. No third option of just sitting around doing nothing." Pancreatiti"

So what is it called in the first line when they write a healding an then a quote that relates to it. And also what is the technique when Latham is quotes and then theres random words in response, like "king's school" and "class warrior"?
Its not particular a technique when using a quote. Its to engage the reader and make them think of other things while reading the article. It’s called intertextual reference. The whole notion of “class warrior”, what do you think of when you hear that? You think of the obvious, you also think of other thoughts encouraged by the word “warrior”. A great Aussie battler.

You might even think of roman empires, heroes. It's suggesting the notion that there are heroes in australia that are undermined, unnoticed because of class. It’s quite an effective way to reach out to the australian society. Using the word warrior was quite intelligent wording. But yeah, you phrase it as "Class warrior implies intertextual reference to the notion of a hero.... etc"

hope it helps!

HSC
Watsername said:
And also what is the technique when Latham is quotes and then theres random words in response, like "king's school" and "class warrior"?
Sound like brainwashing via subliminal messages.

Personally, i wouldn't put a technique name to it, just write about what effect it has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)