What the beep! Prostitute names politician on air (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanorama

HSC
Merrick and Rosso ... " Whoa, whoa. Um ...''

Nova 969's Merrick and Rosso were forced to make an on-air apology this morning after a prostitute claimed she had "seen'' a senior Labor politician.
Speaking on Nova's Merrick and Rosso breakfast show this morning, a woman who said she was a sex worker was asked what the prostitutes' code of ethics was when it comes to keeping secret the names of high-profile clients they have slept with.
She replied: "We may have defamation cases brought against us and, as I'm anonymous, I can say I've seen [the politician].''
She was immediately cut off as the hosts said, "Oh, hang on. Whoa, whoa. Um ...''
About half an hour later a statement was read out on air by one of the hosts.
"Just before the 8.30 news we spoke to a sex worker who made reference to [the politician].
"We wish to advise that this reference was made without any foundation and is not in anyway condoned or supported by this radio station.''
"We wish to apologise for any hurt suffered as a result of this unfounded allegation.''
Nova 969 general manager, Mandi Wicks, said Merrick and Rosso acted quickly to cut the woman off.
"The boys are well aware that that sort of stuff is completely unfounded, not helpful and not appreciated. They are very,very good at really cutting people off who make ridiculous allegations,'' she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/prostitute-names-politician-on-air/2006/06/02/1148956523552.html

Justin

HSC
This is why truth should be an absolute defence in all defamation cases. Its a fucked country when one cannot get on air and say what ever the fuck they want to. Its disgusting that Merrick and Rosso had to stick their tail between their legs like that.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Justin said:
This is why truth should be an absolute defence in all defamation cases. Its a fucked country when one cannot get on air and say what ever the fuck they want to. Its disgusting that Merrick and Rosso had to stick their tail between their legs like that.
yeah, we have every right to know who that has, wasting tax payers money on prostitues.

davin

HSC
N/A
prostitutes are NEVER a waste of money.
and if they could show it was true, then they'd be fine, i'd think. its the lack of evidence thats the matter.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
prostitutes are NEVER a waste of money.
and if they could show it was true, then they'd be fine, i'd think. its the lack of evidence thats the matter.
hmm.. interesting. all that money could go int osomethin a little more useful considering the state of the NSW Government.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Yeah I think if the allegation was made there would be an enquiry into the matter, which would ironically waste alot more of taxpayer money.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
HotShot said:
hmm.. interesting. all that money could go int osomethin a little more useful considering the state of the NSW Government.
I thought you were joking and being clever above with sarcasm before

but are you being sarcastic now?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
absolution* said:
whoooooooo was it?
exactly what im thinking! I've been hearing this story do the rounds but can't figure out the politician. Grrr

Generator

HSC
N/A
Old story that's now of no concern :).

Edit: The thread will remain locked, but -

Last month an anonymous caller, who said she was a prostitute, alleged on their show that she had "seen" Mr Costa.

[...]

Until yesterday it had been reported that "a senior [NSW] minister" was considering legal action.

But with formal defamation proceedings now under way, the complainant has been revealed as Mr Costa.

The case will be mentioned in the Supreme Court on August 15, a spokeswoman for the court confirmed.

Mr Costa was not discussing the matter, said his spokesman, Mathew Jones, who would neither confirm nor deny the reports that he was pursuing legal action.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...rostitute-claim/2006/07/05/1151778984400.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)