What the crap, still can't enrol?? (1 Viewer)

-s2-

HSC
I can't enrol for math1231 which is my 4th course:

Error:Student not enrolled, class is full or student doesn't meet criteria for available places in class

My provisional mark was 69 and I checked the lecture and tuts, and they have plenty of spaces. It has a permitted clash with GMAT1110Surveying and GIS 1 but i remember i could enrol with that permitted clash before. Arghhh, I'm like the only one that hasn't enrolled yet :(

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
if you're trying to get into a non-clashing lecture, i think you have to wait until the official results come out. thats when kids drop out of the current 1231 lecture stream enabling you to enrol.

but shit thing is, by then - all the good tuts and stuff are gone.

-s2-

HSC
But the 'details' thing says 415/460, plenty of spots, and my friend was able to enrol in that lec just yesterday. Iono, a lot of tuts opened up so I thought maybe those people who failed have already been pulled out of their enrolments?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i'd remake my timetable but nah, cbf.

email the faculty/school

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
i'd remake my timetable but nah, cbf.

email the faculty/school
Also you might want to try calling the faculty directly, and get them to enrol you in your desired lecture/tutorial. I had to do it for QMA and Accounting subjects as I was waiting out on some credit transfers ;)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
now u know to always get in early.

and contact the faculty about it, also may depend on what your provisional mark for math1a is, if you dont meet the criteria for enrolling into math1b (ie if u failed math1a) then it wont let u enrol.

-s2-

HSC
Naw, I tried enrolling on the first day, wasted hours and hours over many days trying to beat the service congestion wall. Yeah I called up, the lady said to bring in my timetable and they'll have a look...........................................uhmagod.

-s2-

HSC
I'll pay you to enrol for me next semester yeah?

_santa

HSC
But the 'details' thing says 415/460, plenty of spots, and my friend was able to enrol in that lec just yesterday. Iono, a lot of tuts opened up so I thought maybe those people who failed have already been pulled out of their enrolments?
I emailed the school, they said it's FULL coz they are saving places for 'special' programs (which probably means Exchange students)

Vylen

HSC
I emailed the school, they said it's FULL coz they are saving places for 'special' programs (which probably means Exchange students)
yep.. sounds about right...

its not uncommon for classes to be "Full" despite there being numbers free... the system just fails to properly show that they're reserved (the system, does in fact record these reservations)...

i was going to post this before but i was uncertain as to if it really was the cause as i've never seen that many reserved spots...

_santa

HSC
yep.. sounds about right...

its not uncommon for classes to be "Full" despite there being numbers free... the system just fails to properly show that they're reserved (the system, does in fact record these reservations)...

i was going to post this before but i was uncertain as to if it really was the cause as i've never seen that many reserved spots...
when I emailed them it was 404/415. Now somehow they managed to come up with additional places and the capacity jumped to 460...

karnage

HSC
yo what did you folks end up doing regarding this issue?

i still cant bloody enrol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
go and talk to the faculty about it, in person.
Next week is week 0, go on monday morning and talk to em about it, try to work something out.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
lol i always redo my timetable after i enrol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)