What to bring... (1 Viewer)

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Ok Monday...

What to bring with me.. pens, paper etc...

How prepared should i be?

Also, is it good to start on a tutorial? lol :confused:

HSC
Paper and pens are probably a good idea, and you should also try to take a map if you have one already, or grab one when you arrive :) That way in the event that you get lost (Or temporarily misplaced) you can sort things out without too much drama. Food and/or money is also a good idea. Aside from that I don't think there are any particular requirements aside from the general things like ensuring that you are fully clothed, and have a pair of shoes (Somewhat flexible, but I'd personally encourage you to ensure that you take care of both of these). Last, but certainly not least, a big stick beat down the hippies with certainly won't go astray. :) :)

I'd suggest being as ready as you can manage, the less surprises the better (In my opinion). Better to overprepare than get caught out :)

There's no good way to start Uni, so a tutorial will do just as well as anything else :)

Good luck, have fun :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Some have tutorials but most don't. If you're commerce, then there is no tutes, same with most although some Law, Engineering, Sci and Comp Sci have tutes.

Just take a pen, paper and that should be enough.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah law tutes start week one, am not sure bout education though, I guess we'll find that out Tuesday morning.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
You aren't going to get in trouble first week if you don't bring everything, especially if you're a first year.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Anyone know where building 30 is...ive lost last years diary and its the only place i have a class in but don't know where it is.

Oh and how do i get my cityrail sticker thingy for my student card?

EDIT: found building 30, never mind!

Last edited:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Anyone know where building 30 is...ive lost last years diary and its the only place i have a class in but don't know where it is.

Oh and how do i get my cityrail sticker thingy for my student card?

EDIT: found building 30, never mind!
cityrail sticker thing is available in that student room with the plasma tvs, rental property advertisments etc under the IT building next to the library.

And building 30... try checking the website map. Sorry.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Isn't the city rail sticker thing already on your student card, or is that only for some people.

Ninga

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Isn't the city rail sticker thing already on your student card, or is that only for some people.
Thats only for first years. Obviously 2nd, 3rd, etc years will have old rail concession thingys, so they get a new one every year. They said i wasnt eligible for mine, but i convinced them to give me one...because i really am eligible.

Oh, and on your first day of uni be sure to - Have a shower
- If female wear a short skirt, or a tight pair of jeans, along with a nice top. Us older students love it when the girls dress up for uni.
- If male wear whatever you want. We don't go to uni to check out guys.

Hope that helps :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Ninga said:
Thats only for first years. Obviously 2nd, 3rd, etc years will have old rail concession thingys, so they get a new one every year. They said i wasnt eligible for mine, but i convinced them to give me one...because i really am eligible.

- If female wear a short skirt, or a tight pair of jeans, along with a nice top. Us older students love it when the girls dress up for uni.

Does everyone have to have a shower or just the girls?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ninga said:

That's probably the best advice I've seen. Listen to it and then put it into action.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha I remember some of the girls really did dress up for the first few weeks of uni last year 'omg I had noooo idea what to wear this morning' and here I am thinking 'wow some people look like they spent 3 hours getting ready!'

HSC
Paper and pens are probably a good idea, and you should also try to take a map if you have one already, or grab one when you arrive :) That way in the event that you get lost (Or temporarily misplaced) you can sort things out without too much drama. Food and/or money is also a good idea. Aside from that I don't think there are any particular requirements aside from the general things like ensuring that you are fully clothed, and have a pair of shoes (Somewhat flexible, but I'd personally encourage you to ensure that you take care of both of these). Last, but certainly not least, a big stick beat down the hippies with certainly won't go astray. :) :)

I'd suggest being as ready as you can manage, the less surprises the better (In my opinion). Better to overprepare than get caught out :)

There's no good way to start Uni, so a tutorial will do just as well as anything else :)

Good luck, have fun :)
way.
too.
many.
smiley.
faces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)