what to do about extended response? (1 Viewer)

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
if i know i dont want to write about my case study, should i just not look at it?

what if they spring two case study options in one question? wont i be screwed then?

or is that beyond posibility?

thanks

sub

shouldnt be reasonable....but just to be sure, learn the stuff, or atleast the general stuff...then pick a sort of recent year and bs the figures....such as growth rates and stuff...just make them seem reasonable. :)
but yeah look over it...how much detail u want is up to u...

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
they normally dont ask two case study questions. you have a choice on two essays. and even in 2002 (i think) the case study question there were in effect three questions because the case question asked "explain the effect of globalisation on Australia or another country..."

but im gonna learn mine cause i like it!

sub

:: dreami :: said:
oh no :confused:

i hate case study, dont want to do it :vcross:
dreami, they usually give u a choice between ur country and australia...but to be safe im gonna go thru mine...
its usually case studies or protection/exchange rates for the extended, and policies/issues for the stimulus...but im not gonna put anything past the Board after that chem exam :vcross:

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
yeh its generally policies on one/few aspects of economy

and then globalisation on an eco or on aspect of economy

something like that... :uhhuh:

sub

its last two topics for stimulus and first two for the extended (usually only - it IS a generalisation, so dont be caught with ur pants down...) just go over it....it wont kill u...just know the general crap and then regurgitate what u learnt in the essay should it come up....and then add some of ur own waffle to fill the space...
if it doesnt come up, then u lost nothing, cos most likely u wont be able to store it in ur head anyway cos ur not gonna be studying alot for it. just go over it for peace of mind at the moment...

corro

HSC
i dont *think* they can ask you specifically to do another country, i was told that they always have to give you the option of australia as its the idea of the case study thats important not the actual nation thats studied.

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
corro said:
i dont *think* they can ask you specifically to do another country, i was told that they always have to give you the option of australia as its the idea of the case study thats important not the actual nation thats studied.
if that is true i will kiss you

they didnt have a case study for 2002 hsc tho... i remember

oh... btw... i mean case study as in CHINA not aus... i'll def. b going over aus :uhhuh:

Oz

HSC
hmmm, really should do that, i know china very well, esp a whole bunch of random stats. Aus i know somewhat less well :vcross:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im really neglecting the case study. Im just memeorising some general trends and stats. Blagh.

olay

HSC
i'm like disco dave... i like my case study :) it's so much more interesting seeing how another country works for some reason... but anyway i doubt they'd make both options case study related. so i think it's safe to ignore it if u so choose to.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
every year they have asked about another country, there has always been an option not to do so. i think it would be safe to on skimp over it!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Remember they can do whatever they want.

Hypotheticals will get you nowhere - just learn everything

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
u people have convinced me enough, i shall look over the general trends... BUT THATS IT... none of that detailed stuff :vcross:

and if it serves me well, i shall kiss your feet :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)