What to do after a mid-year graduation and where to do masters (1 Viewer)

capa

HSC
What to do after a mid-year graduation

Hey,

Will probably graduate mid 2007 rather than end of 2006. Does anyone know anything productive I can do until I start articles or leo cussen or PLP in 2008?

I've been looking over the subjects I need to graduate and I have 10 left after this semester. I was hoping to get 2 knocked down in summer school but with work, it does not look too good.

Is it a pain graduating mid year?

Cheers

Last edited:

BillytheFIsh

HSC
The solutions are: (in my order of preference)

1. Enroll in some dodge course so you can collect centrelink and get drunk for 6 months.

2. Go overseas for 6 months.

3. Start PLT mid-way through the year (not sure where you wanted to do it but College of Law have heaps of start dates - I'm sure others would have mid-year commencement as well) and get part-time work in a firm.

3. Start working full time in a firm while doing plt part-time.

4. Start articles. (Maybe not possible if you want to do it with a big firm and you don't exactly jump through the right hoop - but keep your contacts up because sometimes if an article clerk pulls out not long after starting they may be willing to put on someone else. Really a matter of being in the right place at the right time though) Small/medium firms recruit sporadically.

5. Spend the 6 months doing a thesis and get your masters (while collecting centrelink and hopefully a scholarship and get drunk.)

6.Work part-time for a firm and part-time doing voluntary work at something you're really interested in.

OR any combination of the above... There are heaps more options obviously...

I'm not much help for the where to do masters bit.. I would say somewhere in the EU would be fab. Ireland would be my preference. If you're shit-hot try for Trinity in Dublin.

Also - I rekon you can graduate by the end of next year. As you said, how much you're working will affect it, but I'm currently working full-time and doing 5 subjects. It sucks, but it's possible and I still manage to maintain some semblance of a social life.

capa

HSC
I seriously considered it for like 3 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)