What to expect from these subjects? (1 Viewer)

emodrugs

HSC
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on my prelim subjects, which are
3U maths
Ext & adv eng
Legal
Ancient
Modern
PDH

i'm planning to drop one of my subjects after school starts (atm it'd be ancient) to get down to 12 units.

any tips for these subjects will be greatly appreciated!

shona99

HSC
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on my prelim subjects, which are
3U maths
Ext & adv eng
Legal
Ancient
Modern
PDH

i'm planning to drop one of my subjects after school starts (atm it'd be ancient) to get down to 12 units.

any tips for these subjects will be greatly appreciated!
For 3u, I found the prelim course was not very rigorous at all, but it depends on your school and how fast you get through it (we were kinda slow lol). If you like math and are good at it, I'm sure you'll be fine in both 2u and 3u. Just keep on top of your work and if you get time, start going ahead and doing work yourself. The first few topics are mainly revision and from what I remember, trig was kinda lengthy.

For adv eng, it was the biggest "subject shock" imo and I was relatively good at english in year 10. Teachers mark way differently and just remember Shakespeare is like the difference between you and standard, so if you do good in that, then theres nothing you cant do :spin: I didn't do ext but my friends say its much more independent work, especially if you carry it through to year 12 and even do ext 2.

14 units is definitely a lot, but I'd say by the half yearlies you will have an idea of what you would like to drop. Best of luck for the prelim year!

Orwell

HSC
I see a lot of potential essay writing.

emodrugs

HSC
For 3u, I found the prelim course was not very rigorous at all, but it depends on your school and how fast you get through it (we were kinda slow lol). If you like math and are good at it, I'm sure you'll be fine in both 2u and 3u. Just keep on top of your work and if you get time, start going ahead and doing work yourself. The first few topics are mainly revision and from what I remember, trig was kinda lengthy.

For adv eng, it was the biggest "subject shock" imo and I was relatively good at english in year 10. Teachers mark way differently and just remember Shakespeare is like the difference between you and standard, so if you do good in that, then theres nothing you cant do :spin: I didn't do ext but my friends say its much more independent work, especially if you carry it through to year 12 and even do ext 2.

14 units is definitely a lot, but I'd say by the half yearlies you will have an idea of what you would like to drop. Best of luck for the prelim year!
yeah, we went through basic algebra and arithmetic and inequalities last term. now we're doing geometry and i'm finding it okay i guess?

We're doing belonging for adv but since we've only just started, I don't think the 'shock' has had the chance to present itself yet LOL
Thank you so much! Good luck to you too! :)

Orwell

HSC
Yeah tbh I'm kind of worried that I'm gonna get sick of essays :\ but idk what to drop yet :\
Depends on what you love, what you're good at and what field you hope to enter upon graduation. If you're willing to endure the arduous procedure of writing essays frequently, then go for it. It's self-tailored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)