What to include in answer (1 Viewer)

thumper123

HSC
Hi,

The first part I need to outline for my essay is 'chosen countries performance between 2005-present'

Now I have started with a brief introduction about the country, then gone into it's GDP, but unsure how I should expand on 'economic performance' and what that includes.

Normally I would go with GNI per capita HDI, life expectancy, population living in poverty ect as my indicators about an economy/country however the wording 'economic performance' has me confused as to what needs to be included.

Thanks in advance!

Orwell

HSC
Exports/Imports statistics, economic growth, unemployment rates, inflation rates and interest rates. Human development index statistics also falls under 'economic performance'.

meDAawesome

HSC
What's the directive verb of the question? Outline?

Also economic performance can be broken down into economic growth and development.

Define each, then explain each of the characteristics of them:

Growth: GDP per capita, inflation, monetary and fiscal policy, response to GFC and/or other economic instability from 2005, external stability etc.

Development: Environmental pollution, HDI, GNI per capita, literacy rates, population growth rates, infant death rate etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)