What to know for THEORY (1 Viewer)

vanitysnare

HSC
Okay so now we're finished the five case studies. 1. Time Spiral - we covered art over time touching on artists briefly. 2. Artist Research... I did Van Gogh and Durer. 3. The Archibald. 4. Contemporary Art Market and 5. Censorship.

I can imagine this would be helpful, but for the unseen plates (first part of the exam) is it enough? Would knowing the frames, conceptual framework, artists over time and doing practise questions be enough? Then just know three artists in depth for the essay which is the second part of the exam. And their art works. They're bound to ask a question about artists and artworks yeah? I'm doing portraiture, so I'm thinking of doing portraiture over time with three artists as examples, and their work.

I will have back up stuff though. I'm just confused about how I should be making notes. I want to memorise notes, then do practise q's without them.

Anyone? Help?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you know all that you have mentioned quite well that's pretty much all you need to know tbh. Though i would suggest having a few more artists up your sleeve from different genres so you'll be set in case the essay questions aren't to your liking. Really, just relax, the HSC Visual Arts exam is a breeze so long as you can spin a sentence nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)