What to learn in (1 Viewer)

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone, i'm just starting to drive. But i dont know what car to learn in, cause we have two.

Ford Falcon or Toyota landcruiser?

im guessing falcon would be easier, but i was told that the toyota has heaps good control and stuff.

thoughts?

jcurry

HSC
deoends, are they both autos or is one a manual?
how bout you learn in boh so yoiu get use to driving different cars early on

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
jcurry said:
deoends, are they both autos or is one a manual?
how bout you learn in boh so yoiu get use to driving different cars early on
both Auto's.
I could also drie in a MAzda 121 which is manual, but i cant be bothered driving a manual.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Learn to drive in a larger car. It means that when you get a smaller car everything seems so much easier.

I learned in a ford falcon, and now I drive a tiny mazda lunchbox and it's so easy. I can park anywhere.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
I'd go the first ten hours in one and then switch back and forth, you don't want to get overly used to one car but when you're just starting it might be best to avoid complicating things ;)
I'd go the Toyota first, but that's just because I think falcons are shit. Maybe ask your parents or whoever owns the cars? I'm sure they'd have a preference and unlike BOS, their opinions are informed and relevant.

michael1990

HSC
siddharthlaha said:
Hey everyone, i'm just starting to drive. But i dont know what car to learn in, cause we have two.

Ford Falcon or Toyota landcruiser?

im guessing falcon would be easier, but i was told that the toyota has heaps good control and stuff.

thoughts?
Start in Falcon, then move to Lancruiser.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
No. start in Landcruiser then go to falcon.

Bigger to smaller = easier

michael1990

HSC
mr_brightside said:
No. start in Landcruiser then go to falcon.

Bigger to smaller = easier
Falcons are big.
Landcrusiers are harder to drive in, as 4WD don't have as good traction as sedans and hatchbacks, because there so high.

Start in a Falcon.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
Falcons are big.
Landcrusiers are harder to drive in, as 4WD don't have as good traction as sedans and hatchbacks, because there so high.

Start in a Falcon.
He's not gonna go drifiting in carparks you fucking mole. Take the landcruiser.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
michael1990 said:
Falcons are big.

Start in a Falcon.
Like az said. The only time you need lots of traction is when you're flogging it.
This guy asked what he should learn in. fuck do you even drive?

Start in the landcruiser.

Last edited:

iEdd

HSC
Bigger to smaller = easier.

Driving NOTHING to big car = hard.
lol, the logic is incredible here. Apparently going from a sedan to an SUV is hard, but going from no driving experience to an SUV, then back to the sedan is both smarter and easier?
Have you ever noticed that you don't start with a heavy combination truck licence, then move down to a smaller truck? ;)
IMO, it's best to learn in a medium to large sedan, then the step to something bigger like an SUV isn't so bad. Likewise, stepping down to a hatchback is easy. Best of both worlds. :)

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Falcons are wider and longer than you think. I went from a falcon to an SUV and the SUV was both shorter and skinnier and thus easier to drive. Its centre of gravity was higher but I drive like a sane person so that wasn't an issue.

I just think that as far as controlling the car and parking it goes, it's easier to do the hard yards straight up.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
iEdd said:
Bigger to smaller = easier.

Driving NOTHING to big car = hard.
lol, the logic is incredible here. Apparently going from a sedan to an SUV is hard, but going from no driving experience to an SUV, then back to the sedan is both smarter and easier?
Have you ever noticed that you don't start with a heavy combination truck licence, then move down to a smaller truck? ;)
IMO, it's best to learn in a medium to large sedan, then the step to something bigger like an SUV isn't so bad. Likewise, stepping down to a hatchback is easy. Best of both worlds. :)
Actually I reckon the landcruiser'd be better because it would be easier to see shit from the first time you take a car out. That said it'll be a big step down once he drives something else.

michael1990

HSC
scarybunny said:
Falcons are wider and longer than you think. I went from a falcon to an SUV and the SUV was both shorter and skinnier and thus easier to drive. Its centre of gravity was higher but I drive like a sane person so that wasn't an issue.

I just think that as far as controlling the car and parking it goes, it's easier to do the hard yards straight up.
I agree with you.

Drive the Falcon.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I know that driving all my life in cars that are higher from the ground, utes and cars, that when I go to drive in a 'normal' car that's at 'normal' or 'lowered' height it's really quite weird at first because you are so used to being up highed and having that greater seeing ability.

Go in both.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It doesn't really matter in this case.

They're both quite large vehicles, the Landy is just taller.

michael1990

HSC
I had my first drive in a 4WD. And then i used both a sedan and a 4WD.

But after i drove the sedan i found i could drive any car.

4unitfreak

HSC
Hi Sid.
(it's Sarah from school.)

Learn in a Volvo. They're big.
:)
Learn in whatever's harder to park. I agree with scarybunny, hard yards straight up is the way to go. I'd probably go with the Falcon.

CieL

HSC
Learn in the Falcon.
I also think it'll be easier to do the DART in the Falcon.

Never liked 4wds/higher cars.. I tend to think they have really crap vision of the ground and behind the car.. unless you've got extra mirrors for those areas..

Besides, you don't have to learn to drive both cars in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)