What to look for when buying a LCD?? (1 Viewer)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
I want to buy a LCD but not sure which one, so what features do I look for wen comparing different LCDs??

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Price. Don't waste $1000 on a screen, look for bargains.

In saying that, things to look for:

Good color performance and clarity - Which colours look the best, if you see a bunch all together showing the same demo dvd, screensaver or desktop, look for one that looks good!

Sharp text - Blurry text or hard to read text isn't good at all, make sure you get a demo of looking at text based websites, etc.

Design/appearance
- Is it aesthetically pleasing?

Video input - How does it all plug in? Some have new digital cables only, which only connect to newer motherboards, meaning you need an adapter. Make sure it'll all work with your machine before you buy.

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
So I should really go see the demo first...

Right now, I'm picking between Samsung 913V, BenQ FP91G, or LG L1950S-SN.. so anyone have one of these and recommand it?

placebo101

HSC
resolution, response time (important for gaming), clarity and looks.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
If you are looking for 19" or greater LCD screens, take a look at the Dell screens. The Dell LCD screens are very good. I'm running the 1905FP ultrasharp. The best thing is the price, which is very competitive- but you gotta wait for their occasional once-every-few-months 20% off including shipping, which is what I did. Picked up my 1905FP for $560 halfway through this year.

Otherwise, MedNez has summed it up. You should look at the LCD's in person to see the image quality and vibrance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)