good morning people !

im currently in year 12, looking to do engineering at either UNSW or USYD

Which uni do you think i should pick

Also im considering double degreeing in either

Engineering/project management USYD

OR

Engineering/commerce ?
UNSW or USYD

Im thinking of doing the first one, but wouldnt doing engineering alone cover project management ?

I soo wanna do commerce, but if project management beenfits me in the long run, then iv got to pick that

Any engineers out there with some info ?!

THanks

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
All I can tell you about is the engineering side of things at UNSW.

Project management is not covered by a single degree at UNSW. You will obviously work in many projects and such but project management is a completely different thing. Project management is more so a Resources type role and would be great for an engineer to boost them into managerial positions early in their career.

I've heard that many engineers actually do take commerce positions too because of the skills they develop.

However, you need to pick what you enjoy or find interesting and you have not provided any information on what you enjoy or find interesting at all.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
All knowledge is helpful knowledge. If you're interested in commerce, do that, or if you are more interested in project management, do that. Whatever you find more interesting.

As for universities it's best for you to go to open days and make those decisions for yourself.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
good morning people !

im currently in year 12, looking to do engineering at either UNSW or USYD

Which uni do you think i should pick

Also im considering double degreeing in either

Engineering/project management

OR

Engineering/commerce ?

Im thinking of doing the first one, but wouldnt doing engineering alone cover project management ?

I soo wanna do commerce, but if project management beenfits me in the long run, then iv got to pick that

Any engineers out there with some info ?!

THanks
Pick the one you like more.

antounbros

HSC
honestly, id prefer to do the engineering and commerce at syd uni. Although it needs a 96 or so, i dont doubt myself

The only issue i have is whether the commerce extra will be of any signifiance to my future career of being an engineer.

Project management and enginnering on the other hand go hand in hand. Very similiar fields and similiar job styles.

Why is this such a difficult choice :( ?

also anyone who has completed a single engineering degree, have you also become a qualified project manager as a requirement of being an engineer ?

Thanks guys ! ( and girls if any HAHA )

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
honestly, id prefer to do the engineering and commerce at syd uni. Although it needs a 96 or so, i dont doubt myself

The only issue i have is whether the commerce extra will be of any signifiance to my future career of being an engineer.

Project management and enginnering on the other hand go hand in hand. Very similiar fields and similiar job styles.

Why is this such a difficult choice :( ?

also anyone who has completed a single engineering degree, have you also become a qualified project manager as a requirement of being an engineer ?

Thanks guys ! ( and girls if any HAHA )
If you haven't made the choice of which engineering discipline to pick then boy are you in for a ride!

I know a few people who did just a bachelor's and went straight to project site management in civil (construction based though) engineering straight out of uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)