What to take to uni on the first day (1 Viewer)

Cab31

HSC
Hey this may sound stupid, but wat exactly do u bring on the first day?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Lunch box and your hottest outfit so you can get good marks :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Spare clothing (undies, in particular).

Seriously, you should take your lunch, a bottle of water, some paper, a pen or two, a bit of money (loose change to a wad of cash) and an umbrella.

Last edited:

mattyg87

HSC
I seriously havent used a pen since the HSC, not including enrolment day lol. im going to be struggling in the first few lectures.

Generator

HSC
N/A
No need to go overboard... A compass and a topographic map should suffice :cool:.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
pens , writing stuff like lecture pads, books or watever u wanna use.....uni is fun but it is hard work 2 :)

D.Larie

Teachers told us that the HSC course was harder - and that Uni is not as stressful.

Any truth in that?

eshi

shy
HSC
D.Larie said:
Teachers told us that the HSC course was harder - and that Uni is not as stressful.

Any truth in that?

I suppose that we have chosen to go to uni...and are paying for it :( ...so hopefully we're doing things that we like, which may make it a tad less stressful? I haven't actually strated yet, so I'm not too sure but I hope that the stress I encounter has more to do with deadlines etc. Also, the HSC seemed more stressful to me because of the pressure put on students by parents/media to succeed and all that crap...now we're in uni I think we should just try to enjoy it.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Yeh , HSC becums stressful coz we have a lot of pressure put on us by family, teachers,friends....whereas at uni , there's no1 to put pressure on u . If u wanna study, ur own good, otherwise no1 cares abt wat ur doing..... :uhhuh: It all depends on u !

but uni gets stressful when u have many assignments n exams all at the same time.....dats when u realise HSC was easier....also in the HSC u don't cover 1 topic in 1 day or week but at uni, u mite even have 2 do 2 topics in 1 week....u never know...it depends on ur lecturer's pace....but again if u manage ur time properly , u have nuthin 2 worry abt......:)

anyways still 3 more weeks 2 enjoy.... :D :D

D.Larie

I'm still being pressured with Uni.
My parents aren't saying "You better do well or else". It's just that I don't want to waste their money by...not doing well.
Warped thinking?

also in the HSC u don't cover 1 topic in 1 day or week but at uni, u mite even have 2 do 2 topics in 1 week
Are you serious?
But luckily, from what I've heard, the Communications courses don't have exams...

Damn.

*waits for someone to say "that's not true"..*

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
D.Larie said:

Any truth in that?
In a word, no.

Sure, uni is a lot more laid back, go to the bar whenever you want, that sorta thing, it is very casual. But in general, uni is a looooooooot more stressful.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Well, it reallly depends on ur lecturer's pace, some r good n care abt the students n go at a medium pace , but some fly :rolleyes: , don't worry so much abt it at the moment.....

n don't stress abt uni....im sure ull be fine ! and yeah don't forget everyone's in the same boat :)

kow_dude

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Sure, uni is a lot more laid back, go to the bar whenever you want, that sorta thing, it is very casual.
Are you allowed to exit in the middle of a lecture?

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
yeh u can, BUT some lecturers mite get annoyed n start screaming.... :mad:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Korn said:
Do you need text books for first day of uni

u don't reallly need to carry textbks 2 uni....if u have the lecture notes. Well, last yr i never took ne textbk 2 uni any single day :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)