What to wear at funeral (1 Viewer)

SFinspired

HSC
I know that full formal black clothing is required but the thing is I'm attending my late lecturer that has passed away. I am not particularly close to this tutor but many of his students are attending.

I am not quite sure what I should be wearing. I am thinking of black suite but wearing an everyday T-shirt with jeans. Is this acceptable or should I got for business look with black pants and tie?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you answered your question in the first line

Jeee

Banned
HSC
It is customary to wear black in most cultures. Don't rock up in jeans...it shouldn't matter what degree of closeness you had with the deceased, you should wear black.
Black pants, black top, black shoes.

Cowbell

HSC
I know that full formal black clothing is required but the thing is I'm attending my late lecturer that has passed away. I am not particularly close to this tutor but many of his students are attending.

I am not quite sure what I should be wearing. I am thinking of black suite but wearing an everyday T-shirt with jeans. Is this acceptable or should I got for business look with black pants and tie?
clown costume

SFinspired

HSC
It is customary to wear black in most cultures. Don't rock up in jeans...it shouldn't matter what degree of closeness you had with the deceased, you should wear black.
Black pants, black top, black shoes.
Thanks for your prompt response.
It is just that I'm not accustom to attending funerals. I dont' want to sound selfish but after the funeral I have a football game and I don't to change too drastic.

Cheers

TheDarkRose

HSC
I actually work at a funeral home and have seen people wear all sorts of things to funerals, even pink. But generally the most respectful thing is black pants, black shoes and either a white shirt and dark/black suit jacket or even just a black button up shirt. Dress in black and slightly formal (button up shirts) if you want to appear more respectful.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
Something nice. Personally I'd wear an orange suit... but then again every formal event needs an orange suit.

HeadOfDaClass

HSC
N/A
I would definitely go for the suit...you wanna be sure you don't offend the family with the casual look

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)