What topic are you up to? (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
We're doing topic 3 (ppl&economic activity) at the moment, we're doing the activity of Aquaculture for it.

firehose

HSC
lol actually no we skipped urban places, will come back to it

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
yeh my teacher is really slow,

our class of 4, all good friends, summarise the textbook and teach each other.

Because the teacher all he did was talk about Suburbanisation today, so each 70min period we do about 1/6 of a dot point.
Were neva gonna finish the course. m

So push ourselves.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
well... ive finished ppl& economic activity, and ecosystems and risk, quarter of the way through urban places...

jakepog

Outside the Asylum (also trying to get off this pl
HSC
Durban Bynamics

We just started Urban Dynamics, and are currently doing stuff on the characteristic on World Cities - which is annoying: it's going to be in our half yearlies next monday week!

A fortnight we went on a field trip to the Macquarie Marshes as an Ecosystem at Risk, and... damn, its a severly neglected state out there. Don't get me wrong, it's not the National Park's fault. It is, apparently, the the irrigators upstream of the marshes'. Especially the cotton growers: they pump all the water out of the river.

A sad photo is attached... (the smudges are dead bugs' guts the windscreen) That's about 50m East from the old Macquarie River, on the flood plains. (Old: as in WAS a river, not anymore because of lack of water flowing) Another .5km East there's a channel called the Breakaway that flows away from the old river. The scenery in the photo has been like for about 10 years... :(

There are much more beautiful places, actually water running! But that wouldn't convince you that it was at risk the same, would it.

Last edited:

Lil Clutch

HSC
Yeah we have half yearlys next wednesday and we're only being tested on ecosystems at risk and like a few dotpoints relating to wrold cities-but our teachers says we're not too behind! i hope! yeah we have a small class also but we dont study with each other or anything-not many people enjoy geography at my school-like year 11 this year dont even have a geography class and we might not offer it again to seniors in coming years!

still waiting

HSC
Our teacher is awful she is soooo annoying!!!! anyways weve finished urban places supposedly and are doing our case study on london docklands it is the most boring thing in the world but i cant tell if its just like that because of the teacher but good news is were starting viticulture soon and are going on our tour of the wineries

burnzy

we are up to urban places.. kinda just starting mega cities i guess but our teacher is a-wall, he gives us stuff to do with everytopic all the time and leaves it up to uss to sort it out, so in effect we have pretty much done the whole corse just not in any depth at all.
HEy do you all use your textbook examples or do you all do local case studies? everything we have done so far is local stuff, not that it's a bad thing because i know it like the back of my hand, i was just wondering about the rest of you.

firehose

HSC
burnzy said:
we are up to urban places.. kinda just starting mega cities i guess but our teacher is a-wall, he gives us stuff to do with everytopic all the time and leaves it up to uss to sort it out, so in effect we have pretty much done the whole corse just not in any depth at all.
HEy do you all use your textbook examples or do you all do local case studies? everything we have done so far is local stuff, not that it's a bad thing because i know it like the back of my hand, i was just wondering about the rest of you.

For ecosystems, we took one ecosystem from the textbook (coastal dunes) and our teacher made us research our own second ecosystem. For People & Economic Activity we are Totally ignoring the textbook(we're using Heinemann btw). Not sure abt what we'll do with Urban places, but since Heinemann global interactions covers pretty much all the major cities plus Sydney we'll most likely use it.

banka_87

HSC
your class only has 4 ppl, i though our class was small with 11, but i guess its cos our yr 12 has 290 ppl

as for the topics we started with urban places and are jus bout to begin the case study in ecosystems at risk

hows the half yearlys going, mine is on tuesday..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)