What topics are u doing for the project? (1 Viewer)

Paisley

Banned
It's not the point... because once someone's been elevated to the status of a hero all the negative stuff about them gets wiped from history... and then everyone's happy because in their position as a hero they're a good role model...

malayz_angel

I beg to differ....negative opinions never get completely wiped out. You have to consider that not all people would think of the person as a hero and there will be always people who are biased against them.

Paisley

Banned
True... but there are universal hero figures and motifs that are common to all cultures... what it really depends on is the cause that they represent...

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
85% ONLY?????
75% ONLY??????
HAHHAHAHAHA

try 40% and then we'll talk....
lol but seriously... i didnt try for the half yearly due to the fact that it didnt count towards anything lol... and anywayz
im doing Richard III... how and why the two opposing views of him has come about... something like that...
... i feel a lil better now... no one else so far has done it heheh... i realli need help :( its due in 4 weeks... and the next two weeks are trials and the week after that is my ski camp!!!!! argh! and its due on da monday :(

malayz_angel

Paisley, hmmm...maybe we should make it clear as to what we're talking about. I assumed you were talking about figures like King Arthur, since u posted right after Bob was talking about him and I was also using my project, Ned Kelly, as an example. They're not common heroes in all cultures...King Arthur is British and Ned Kelly is pure Aussie....who are you talking about?

MicK_eT...Yeah actually our half-yearly didn't count for much, only 5%. It's the project that's worth like 80% and that's what I STILL haven't started (except I did my proposal...YAY) but I still don't want to screw up my trials (also worth only about 5%)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
lol when excatly is it due cuz my teacher said that she has to get the results into the bos by 6th sept or somefink.... and yea...
dang.. extension exam coming up soon... ahhh! thursday!

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
<Enter Andronicarse unfashionably late>
I, uh done Bloody Sunday (Ireland) for my project.

malayz_angel

Originally posted by MicK_eT
lol when excatly is it due cuz my teacher said that she has to get the results into the bos by 6th sept or somefink.... and yea...
dang.. extension exam coming up soon... ahhh! thursday!
i dont know about ur school but mine is due on next wednesday (the 20th.) which is unfair cos my modern trial is on friday, i have to go see ppl on fri nite, sat and sat nite and my history ext trial is on monday!

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Andronicarse
<Enter Andronicarse unfashionably late>
I, uh done Bloody Sunday (Ireland) for my project.
Yeah I did Ireland for a while in Modern last year..until my teacher left and we got stuck doing the Arab-Israeli Conflict instead :mad:

Oh well whats ur focus question?

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
nah i changed mine to say its recognised that there are two main strands of thought bout richard III and im exploring how and why this has occured... so yea

originally i was doing that but yea i thought it was too mainstream

Mike85

But inherent within each interpretation, whether tradtionalist or revisionist, are different arguments that need to be address. The thoughts put forward by James Gairdner vary remarkably from those put forward by Charles Ross, and they are both classed as being of the traditonalist school. Mine looks at the social context and how this had influenced the arguments and how they have EVOLVED. Another example of differences within the same school is Kendall and Halsted and the latter's romatic depiction of him.
I used nine different historians...... it was difficult, but rewarding, and a discussion of how interpretations have changed over time naturally show WHY it has occurred, hence yours isnt really any different.
(rant over...:p been studying too long, had to let it out, and cant stand people saying my work mainstream).
BTW Mick, i sent you the list of sources I used, and a bit about my essay.

Sanity

HSC
i did the representation of william wallace from the movie braveheart and compared it to the known history and the legends surrounding his battles with the english.

Blue Queen

I'm doing Richard III and questioning whether he killed his nephews or not. I didn't think anyone else would do him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)