• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What topics are u doing for the project? (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
My essay was an examination of 'Hitler's Willing Executioners', it's historiographical impact, and the surrounding discourse. It was an interesting topic to do, as it's a text that generated some wildly diverse reactions, ranging from articles such as 'Simply A Bad Book' (Die Zeit) to wide praise throughout much of the American media..

Additionally, it was made easier by the fact that Goldhagen published a refutation of the many criticisms surrounding his work. :)

wyte_tygrr

Tchaikovsky: a 100 year controversy
an interdisciplinary examination into the controvery surrounding his death and accounting for the changes in historian methodologies that resulted out of the emerging and ousting of the soviets in russia...

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
I did The Holocaust Denial

Mainly talked about revisionists - historians who objects them - how they construct history / differ. etc

You know the drill ;)

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Blue Queen
mine sounds a lot easier than everyone elses. well I've got no hope of winning the prize now. Oh well
Lol...I dont really care about winning the prize..but I think I know how ur feelin Blue Queen.......

malayz_angel

Originally posted by arcadia
I'm doing - Idllic origins or imagined beginnings - its an inquiry into the existence and proof of the location/civilisation of Atlantis and its people, right from Plato's time through to modern times and the historians involved.
Wow arcadia, I'm curious...what conclusion did u personally come to about the existence of Atlantis?

jaNetix

hey Grizzly
i did the exact same thing....
i talked abt paul rassinier, arthur butz and david irving...
i refuted their arguments...
howd u do in it?

arcadia

coastal, doing this by distance education by mysel
reply to malayz_angel

Well, personally i came to the conclusion that without an actual location as being certain, there was absolutly no way to ever know for sure. So kind of my whole essay came to about three paragraphs of full on questions that had arisen whilst i was researching that had absolutly no answers. So finally, i just decided that maybe it's okay to not know all the mysteries of the world because afterall the world would be pretty boring if we knew all the answers.
I hope i made sense

malayz_angel

Yes that made sense and I think you're right...I don't know much about what people say about Atlantis..but it seems to be generally speculation. And it would definitely be boring with all the answers! Like a maths test where u had the...oops, bad analogy. Let's just say I understand and leave it at there.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
Just wondering, did people get suggestions from their teachers for the project or come up with their own. Because I had an amazing amount of non-communication with my teacher for the entire time I did it... just wondering if everyone else was in this boat?

p.s. I did a paper on Churchill's political ideology, and analysed the historians view that he had none.

whatever

At our school our teaher showed us past student projects which gave us an idea on what sorta topics we should be doing. But in the end all our topics were a total mixture, from the boxer Ali to Julius Ceaser, Jesus, Witch trials. I ended up discussing The Recogonition of Aboriginals in Australian Exploration. I was so frustrated after i handed in my project cause there were suddenly all these exhibitions in museums on exploration!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)