• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What Type of Pen do you Use? (2 Viewers)

What Type Of Pen Do You Use

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I use sanford, papermate, bic pens and doctors pens, or whatever i can get my hands on.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I prefer to use BIC pens but with that being said doesn't really matter as long as what I am thinking gets onto paper through the use of a pen.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Zebra Sarasa Pens, prefer black ink
gonna buy myself a fountain pen too.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
At the moment I'm using these stripey pens from Vietnam - they last like forever! But it depends on what I'm using the pen for, if it's writing in books, I use 'Fine' pens and if it's for study, I tend to use 'Medium'. I don't know, it's just a habit.

ichiraku

HSC
Pilot pens only. Black and medium with the grip. Use them for everything whether it be everyday use, exams, etc.

HSC
Am I the only person who uses gel ink pens?

I'm not a pen person, apart from gel ink pens - its a BIC - I don't know any others.

nwatts

HSC
When I write, which isn't very often, I use a Parker pen. It's worth paying ~$40 for a Parker over 3 cents for some cheap piece of shit. Not only do these Parkers write neater, they're way smooth to write with, and you look hell stylish while doing so.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Pink_Butterfly said:
Am I the only person who uses gel ink pens?

I'm not a pen person, apart from gel ink pens - its a BIC - I don't know any others.
I thought this was referring to during the HSC... in which case I'd be surprised if someone out there used "baby blue" gel ink pens in their English exams!

As for Bookie- don't get too addicted to typing... I made that mistake and it hindered my ability to write fast (legibly) in exams... whilst my peers were pumping out 1700+ (per 40mins) I could only reach 1500. Stupid MSN!

EDIT
I stupidly forgot to answer the Q myself... I use a Parker ballpoint pen as well, medium blue, and I can't remember if it's the gel type? It is extremely smooth to write with and great for exams, but then as a backup I usually have 2-3 Pilot BPS Mediums (the ordinary ones from newsagents around $2.20 each?), and a few Pilot Super Grip Mediums... the Parker is good for general writing, the Pilot is good for writing fast in maths, and the super grip is what I use when I need to make sure my writing remains legible but it also slows down my writing speed.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Are gel pens any good? I use BIC at the moment, but I'm thinking of trying out some gel pens. Are they actually any better?

I_F

Raginsheep

HSC
I used BIC Velocity Gel pens during the HSC. Only prob is that they run out like crap and hardly any stores sell them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)