what type of work did everyone do? (1 Viewer)

what type of major work did you do?

• short story/novella

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • poetry

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • script

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • multimedia

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • critical response

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • other (sorry, can't think of the rest)

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Eh. Never really thought of it like that. But I think I'd find it hard to maintain reader interest. Plus an ending. I suck at endings.

rosie rose

well daemontree, what can I say? I guess only the truly TALENTED people can sustain reader interest
and don't just opt for a simple poem... ah well, you can aspire to my great heights-ha! (don't
even want to know what your cunning mind is thinking now:)) heehee
i find the opposite, ackt. often my poetry just ends up reading trite, contrived and simplistic!
:p

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by rosie rose
well daemontree, what can I say? I guess only the truly TALENTED people can sustain reader interest
and don't just opt for a simple poem... ah well, you can aspire to my great heights-ha! (don't
even want to know what your cunning mind is thinking now:)) heehee
i find the opposite, ackt. often my poetry just ends up reading trite, contrived and simplistic!
:p
Yes, yes, we all know that rosemareeeeee (those three words, argh!) - except for the talented part, not sure about that... I didn't mind the Esther one though (sp?). Although I believe I liked it better when you read it out loud - the tone and inflection - not to mention the sweet sultry music of your voice... :p

Interesting that you mention great heights there... Well, caught my interest anyway.;) And my cunning (cunning, like a fox) mind, remains curiously silent out of respect to the public nature of this forum *nod nod*. Although I don't think short story is quite the height of talent... *sulks*

Originally posted by sugaryblue
anyway I made a video :)
Wow.:eek: You made a video? I'm very impressed. I've always been warned off it because of the workload and how much you need to know about technology (yes, my computer does crash almost every time I touch it - I'm almost a technophobe. :D). Plus I think it's great that you've done something different to most of us here.

Was it hard to do? More full-on than what you think a written piece would have been? What was your concept/idea? (Ugh, too mnay questions).

goofy

daemontree hush yo mouth
unless you're complementing me on my (what was it?) sultry voice- hehe, like that one.
as for talent, i'll just blow my own horn here: yes, i rule, i rule, i rule, i am the best. so there!:p so v. mature, i know.
(well you...suck!hahahah!)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Hey, just a quick question for all you people who did short story, or poetry I guess... Did you have the entire thing planned out before you wrote it? Like, "scenes". Or just a vague concept/idea and an end you were working towards? Seems like the former is more likely (having a whole year and logbook and all that happy-crap), but I'm just curious.

Saul

*ss
HSC
i had the concept and the ending, all the rest i played by ear.

huck fenn

Definitly vague concept erisation (daemonthingy's latter). That was part of my concept: have a central idea, and write what comes, so that the work is ... what did i say in my reflection, somehting like 'sincere, engaging and high quality'. I basically loathe the ultra-concept driven works, especially in poetry, where the poems themselves are (I think) not that good, but the cleverness of the concept (what the poems do together) carries the whole thing. I wanted to have poems that would work without the rest of them, and without the expository reflection statement.

Or maybe i was just lazy :p

alman

i wrote a work consisting of different text types...it was in 3 sections...a letter, suite of poems, and short story...

it worked out really well....so said my mentor...she said i should score highly with it..so im kinda happy

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by alman
i wrote a work consisting of different text types...it was in 3 sections...a letter, suite of poems, and short story...

it worked out really well....so said my mentor...she said i should score highly with it..so im kinda happy
Sounds interesting. How'd you link it all together? Or is it happily free range?

narrator

HSC
N/A
by what conditions does a variety of text types fall under alman?

i mean, the word limits change for all those text types, as would other conditions

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by narrator
by what conditions does a variety of text types fall under alman?

i mean, the word limits change for all those text types, as would other conditions
That's a good question. Rosie rosemaree had stories linked by poetry, and she did it under "short story". *shrug*

Lolliana

...so of those 3 people who choose to write a script, how many of you did DRAMASCRIPT

i was the only one in my class, though a friend was also writing a script for her drama IP

it annoyed me so much to see the markers comments for radio scripts, screen plays and play scripts all classified under the one heading, theyre so different

does anyone want to swap scripts?
ill email mine to somebody, but i aint postin it

narrator

HSC
N/A
i wrote a drama script, but i agree with your point, script has so many forms, but then again, when you think about it, so do the other formats, there are so many styles of poetry or multimedia presentation, everyone's in the same boat

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
multimedia presentation is only recommended if you have plenty of time on your hands

rosie rose

hey lolliana
i didn't do script for ext2 but did for drama... it'd be cool to swap. i'm up for it
what style was yours? (i did absurdism, excellent cause you can write anything and say it has meaning:))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)